We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Girls, age 23 need HOTEL HELP!!!

Cleveland, Ohio
6 posts
Save Topic
4 Girls, age 23 need HOTEL HELP!!!

Heyyy Everybody! Me and 3 of my girlfriends are heading to Vegas the first weekend of May. We are trying to decide on a Hotel but are not really sure where to stay. Hopefully you can help us out.

We are looking for a younger demographic Hotel, good pool scene, good location, and decent price. Can you guys give me some hotels that fit this description?

Thanks in advance.

Hilltown...
Level Contributor
2,807 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 Girls, age 23 need HOTEL HELP!!!

Planet Hollywood is a good choice except for the pool.

If the pool is really important, check out Mirage.

Saint Joseph...
Level Contributor
2,577 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 Girls, age 23 need HOTEL HELP!!!

Decent Price?? Not excatly sure what that might mean for you.

Younger Demographic spots .... Cosmopolitan and Planet Hollywood on the Strip. Cosmo is supposed to have the better pool of those 2. Palms and Hard Rock off the Strip.

Are you going to book all 4 of you in one room? If so, you will defintely needs 2 queens. Venetian / Palazzo has great rooms (suites) with 2 queens.

Good Luck!!

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,193 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 Girls, age 23 need HOTEL HELP!!!

Have you looked at rates yet? You picked one of the more expensive weekends of the year. If possible I would consider switching dates. How much will your budget allow? And 1 room or two?

Loveland Colorado
Level Contributor
4,385 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 Girls, age 23 need HOTEL HELP!!!

Aria!! =)

Cleveland, Ohio
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 Girls, age 23 need HOTEL HELP!!!

Well we're 23 so obviously were looking for something less expensive. We've been looking at Cosmopolitan, Planet Hollywood, and Flamingo among others.

Cleveland, Ohio
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 Girls, age 23 need HOTEL HELP!!!

1 room for 4 girls.

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
6,125 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 Girls, age 23 need HOTEL HELP!!!

MGM Grand might be a good choice. Good pool, decent location. A lot cheaper than Cosmo. Cosmo is much more expensive than your other choices.

Try these sites for a discount:

http://www.smartervegas.com

http://www.travelzoo.com

http://www.lasvegasadvisor.com

http://www.earlyvegas.com

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
108 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 Girls, age 23 need HOTEL HELP!!!

MGM has a huge pool area. When I was last there, the demographic at the pool was pretty young, plus they have the Wet Republic club in the pool area. They usually have good deals on the their rooms, too.

Edited: 10 March 2012, 16:20
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
949 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 Girls, age 23 need HOTEL HELP!!!

MGM or Cosmo.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: 4 Girls, age 23 need HOTEL HELP!!!

Tips: Remember to get a room reservation with guaranteed 2 queen beds, not "request" on reservation for 2 queen beds. The word "Queen" is in the booking category, so double check the website to make sure. Also when arrive, always request a "renovated" room and if being near elevator is important, ask for that too since some hotels you walk half a mile to get to end of hall, and my friends in their ridiculous heels would always complain.

I would pick MGM over PH or Cosmo. I stayed Cosmo last time, and they are a mess still, maintenance problems, staffing problems, etc. PH did not impress me either when visited last time, grungy dirty, with bored to death gogo dancers. The Mountain Luxury Room is only booking category that guarantees 2 queen beds, and it is pricey. MGM has newly renovated Grand Queen rooms, for much less. It's a sprawling resort, though, so we have passed on it in the past but it has a great pool area if going during summer (when we don't go). Also others have posted their tips on TA about short-cuts to get around MGM.

Flamingo is older retired crowd, same at Monte Carlo. Consider Caesar's too so can use the Qua spa - and for years that was my hotel of choice, with great central location too - 4 towers, each with guaranteed 2 Queen rooms, but others may know which are the renovated towers since have not stayed there in a long time. Paris hotel does not offer guaranteed 2 queens, it's only a request, first come, first served.

We ended up liking Venetian best after trying many LV hotels - where we were guaranteed 2 queens, a large room, plus a sunken living area - called Bella Suites. What really sold us on that place were the spacious bathrooms, double sinks, make-up vanity, and the great cheap fast dining options there including several quality food courts, plus they have their act together - great service. They are also the most generous with comps, and the shopping is so fun in the Canal Shoppes.