We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bookit.com and "expiring" prices for Vegas hotels

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Bookit.com and "expiring" prices for Vegas hotels

I see that Bookit.com has some good deals on some Vegas hotels I'm interested it, but it says "prices expired at midnight tonight" but I'm not ready to book quite yet.

Does anyone know from experience if these prices go up substantially, or is really just a false sale, I see them all over the site for lots of destinations.

Thanks!

West Jordan, Utah
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bookit.com and "expiring" prices for Vegas hotels

Good question.

I've been looking at Bookit for the end of March. The "expiring in 24 hours!" deal that they had there 2 days ago is still there this morning.

But Travelocity's Top Secret hotel deals really do seem to end. But then sometimes even better ones come along.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,070 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bookit.com and "expiring" prices for Vegas hotels

Have you also priced your hotels directly, using the codes/deals found on sites like smartervegas.com and travelzoo.com? If the prices are comparable, you'll usually have more flexibility if you've booked direct.

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,805 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bookit.com and "expiring" prices for Vegas hotels

It's all about sales and marketing. The rate may go up but another 'sale' will come along soon after.

Be aware bookit charges a cancel fee. Sites like expedia, travelocity, etc., do not.

Edited: 02 March 2012, 14:33
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
642 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bookit.com and "expiring" prices for Vegas hotels

As soon as the deal "Expires" they will have another "Sale" the next day

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,143 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bookit.com and "expiring" prices for Vegas hotels

It might be there tomorrow. It might not. No way to know.

If you aren't ready to pull the trigger, there will always be another deal somewhere.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bookit.com and "expiring" prices for Vegas hotels

Thanks for the info everyone!

I was looking at their "Mystery Deal" for what other people have purchased, and it was Caesars Palace Deluxe room for $124 a night.

It is hard to find deals for Caesars, even on Smarter Vegas or booking directly, and they are rarely on sites like Hotwire, and the comprable price on other sites is about $250 a night.

I'd be willing to consider Cosmopolitan too, but I can't find a lower rate than $160 a night, so this "Mystery Deal" is pretty appealing. I'd book it today, but my husband and I need to firm up the dates with friends before committing.

Fort Worth, Texas...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bookit.com and "expiring" prices for Vegas hotels

I booked that Mystery Deal and it is a really good deal. But you can check the conventions schedule, and unless there's a huge convention, or a big fight, or something like March Madness, there will be other great deals that come along if you're patient and looking for them. So I would wait and not stress over missing out on something until you have your whole party together and the dates firmed up.

Once you're in Vegas, no one is going to fret over whether they paid $100 more or less for their hotel rooms; I've lost that much in 15 minutes at the blackjack table before.

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,143 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bookit.com and "expiring" prices for Vegas hotels

I will say I got an amazing mystery deal for March Madness through bookit. $94/night including weekends for HRH tower. I spend a lot of time searching, I know a lot of tricks, and nothing came close to being that good a deal for my trip.

The expiring deal came back serveral times, but then was gone. Glad I booked. You have to firm up your dates, as these deals are non-refundable. But once you do, don't delay.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bookit.com and "expiring" prices for Vegas hotels

@ZekeKelso & AndrewB

How long after you booked did the deal expire? I see it is back up now... the prickly pear and verbena bath items are the dead giveaway for HRH.

Also, did you call HRH/Caesars and confirm your res with them?

Edited: 02 March 2012, 20:29
Fort Worth, Texas...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bookit.com and "expiring" prices for Vegas hotels

I booked the Caesars deal last week I think, and the deadline was Fri @ midnight at the time. I think the deadline has been extended twice already. Yes, I called Caesars a few days later and they confirmed that they had received my reservation information. The Caesars customer service person was a little funny though. When I asked if it would be Palace Tower her response was, "that's what was requested." Being a paranoid accountant I asked her to elaborate. She said that rooms are assigned at check-in, but I should get my reserved room (the Palace Tower Deluxe).

But I guess nothing is guaranteed in Vegas. Last time I was there, I had a reservation at Flamingo, and due to over-booking they sent us to Imperial Palace (which I didn't know was a dump and they didn't offer any compensation for the inconvenience).