We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Probably a silly question about bed linens??

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Queensbury, NY
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Probably a silly question about bed linens??

Was just reading a response about the Encore not changing linens every day. My husband and I do not generally stay at the luxury hotels because we prefer to split up our available budget differently...but do most luxury hotels change the sheets every single day? I certainly don't change my own bed every day at home and it wouldn't even occur to me to expect that. Is this s standard luxury service? I would certainly expect the sheets to be changed between guest stays at ANY hotel, luxury or not. Ewww!!!! But I never thought about every day.

Just wondering....

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,807 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Probably a silly question about bed linens??

In most hotels they are trying to Go Green, and you'll often find a card that says something like "if you want your linens changed, place this card on the bed, otherwise we change them every X number of days" (usually beyond the time we are there.

Same in the bathroom - a towel hung up means you will reuse, one on the floor means please change.

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Probably a silly question about bed linens??

Yeah, most places don't change the sheets every day. It's usually every 3 I believe. ;)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,537 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Probably a silly question about bed linens??

I was in a fancy hotel in Florida a few years ago and spend a night with the flu: sweats, chills, etc. So I asked the housekeeper to please change the sheets the next morning and she looked at me shocked, saying that she'd get fired if she didn't change everyone's sheets every day.

I agree with you though, unless something particularly nasty has taken place in the bed, I'm OK with not changing the sheets every single day.

I do like a nice clean fluffy towel every day though; it's one of my enjoyable vacation luxuries.

And as far as "going green" goes, I think it's more about the hotel's green ($$$) and saving money by not having to change/launder sheets and towels every day...

Queensbury, NY
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Probably a silly question about bed linens??

I agree about towels. I'm weird about towels even at home. Screw going green. I don't want skin flakes on me from a used towel! LOL! I drive my husband nuts because he hangs his towel up and I immediately take it down and put it down the laundry chute! I only change my sheets once a week though...

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Probably a silly question about bed linens??

Its really simple. I have stayed at the encore and if you require a daily change, your wish is their command.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
685 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Probably a silly question about bed linens??

I have read more than once that due to cost, most hotels do not wash the bedspread after each guest and it is reused for multiple clients so you can only guess what mysterious "stuff" might be on it!

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,404 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Probably a silly question about bed linens??

If you worry about that, just think how often they really change the drinking glasses in the room !!

Queensbury, NY
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Probably a silly question about bed linens??

I don't require it...was just curious because I'd never heard of anyone changing sheets everyday...

Queensbury, NY
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Probably a silly question about bed linens??

I think the bedspread thing is being addressed by the fact that most places now use a blanket that is sandwiched in sheets. Since most of them are white, you could tell if it was nasty...at least for the most part. I try not to think too hard about things like that so I can still leave the house without the nasty factor! LMAO!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,913 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Probably a silly question about bed linens??

"I think the bedspread thing is being addressed by the fact that most places now use a blanket that is sandwiched in sheets. "

That would be a duvet. :) Yes, many hotels use duvets now instead of bed spreads. But there are still plenty of places around on the mid-to-lower end of hotels that still use the old bed spreads.