We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newbie, vows,kids etc

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Newbie, vows,kids etc

Hi

We are planning a trip next June, are thinking 5 nights in Vegas then 5 nights in Santa Monica.

We want to renew our vowels by Elvis while in LV, any advise please??

We will be taking our 9 year old daughter, any advice for taking kids? where to go?

Our LA Beaches worth going too??

Many thanks in advance, Shell uk

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,362 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newbie, vows,kids etc

To be honest I struggle to view LV as a child friendly destination but you will find out more in the attached link.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k352333…

If you want to go to the beach I'd personally prefer the San Diego area rather than LA which has never appealed to me.

Can't help with the renewal of vows.

If it was me I'd probably opt for a more family friendly destination e.g. Florida - you will have lots of years to visit LV when your daughter is older.

TomC

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
12,944 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newbie, vows,kids etc

Elvis finished high school, so I'm sure he can help you with your vowels... ;-)

Although he's probably most familiar with "u", as in "Are U Lonesome Tonight?"

Seriously though, we used the Graceland Chapel and would recommend it. The Elvis is great, the minister's "ceremony" is actually quite touching, and it's a one-room chapel, so you don't get that "Brides R Us" feeling that some of the others have.

I am also of the opinion that Las Vegas is not an ideal child vacation destination, but it can be done and I think you'll get lots of advice from folks that have done it.

Congrats and good luck!

Level Contributor
2,002 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newbie, vows,kids etc

All of your vowels? A, E, I, O and U? Have you thought about a Wheel of Fortune wedding?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newbie, vows,kids etc

Don't worry about bringing your daughter. I just recommend limiting her evenings to shows, shopping, and dining. Not walks on the strip or fremont st. There is a ton of family stuff to do as a family: Mac king comedy magic show, comedy pet theater, red rock canyon, bootleg canyon zip lines, helicopter ride over strip or grand canyon, Hoover dam, cirque du soleil shows, games at Excalibur or circus circus, shark reef at MB, lots of places to shop, wax museum, fountains at B, secret garden at mirage, and a ton of other stuff.

KCMO
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Newbie, vows,kids etc

When we took our 4 kids in 2002 we stayed for 7 days at Harrahs. We of course watched all the free shows: Bellagio. Caesar's Forum show, the volcano, and the TI show which at that time was more kid friendly. We did the rides at the Stratosphere, the Adventure Dome in Circus Circus, and hit about every arcade on the strip. They also loved the Freemont Experience, Coca-Cola , and the M&World. We also spent pool time and took a tour of Hoover Dam. As for beaches, Santa Monica does.have the rides on the pier and bikes and boogie boards for hours of entertainment.

6. Re: Newbie, vows,kids etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 02:16