We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR! Day one - MGM upgrade, Wet Republic, Marquee

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
393 reviews
Save Topic
TR! Day one - MGM upgrade, Wet Republic, Marquee

Annual sisters trip for my sis (26) and me(39). We left Baltimore at 6 am which meant arising at 4 am. We arrived tipsy in vegas at 8:00 am! OUr flight was 40 min. early, and presidential limo had already figured that out and were there waiting for us. The mgm airport check in was closed ( I guess too early) which I had never seen before.

Presidential limo driver took us to vegas sign for a photo upon our request, and there we found a couple getting married under the sign! Pics to come.

We checked in - I had a deal with mlife.com for 363 with all taxes, fees etc for a fri/sat/sun night in grand tower. I asked to do the $25 per day upgrade to a bungalow suite b/c we always wanted to try one. Now keep in mind, this was at 8 am so we were WAY early for check in. They said we could have a suite with a higher floor but it was smoking, or a suite ready now with no view on level 4(the lowest level possible) non smoking. So we took that so we could get to a room right away, put on swimsuits and head to the pool. The view was horrible, but it was kind of funny.

We could see hooters, barely, and the statue of liberty, and the view of the roof, like you see in the hangover - lights and electrical boxes everywhere.....even funnier, at night the lights set off this radiation like green glow into your room, luckily the dark heavy curtains blocked light effectively.

Our bed was amazing and soooo soft. Much nicer than in the regular rooms. We liked having a separate shower and bath as I take baths and she takes showers. WE could get ready at the same time. Closet and drawer space was huge, we liked the quiet of this room and if had to choose again, would do it all over.

We went to the lazy river and decided to go to wet republic. We've been there 2 times and typically find it too stuffy and pricey but were in the mood to sit in a submerged pool deck. We talked our way in with no line or wait. There was a 100 HOT bikini contest and the items these ladies were wearing were enough to make ME blush - and nothing phases me!

They take all your food and water so I bought a water, diet coke and mixed drink for sis and it was $34. She got us fries and a salad and with tip that was over $50.

We enjoyed it though and met some nice couples.

We got a sandwhich at whichcraft which we LOVE for early dinner.

We then, as tradition, went to Christophe Salon to get our eyelashes put on for the weekend. Gina does them and does them quickly and they always look great.

We then got ready and headed to Marquee at Cosmopolitan.

We like this club and the music. It is always crazy packed and it was a fight night at Cosmopolitan so the whole place was buzzing and insanely busy!

We had a blast though and I also got a chance to eat the "secret pizza" we so love. There is a random unmarked hallway next to the marqee with the most amazing pizza ever. It was so good!

For day 2 to come.....more Christophe salon, lazy river, Mon Ami Gabi (AMAZING), Paris, and Chateau..........

worksop
Level Contributor
387 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TR! Day one - MGM upgrade, Wet Republic, Marquee

Nice read, keep going please. I agree about the secret pizza, bloody lovely.

And a report with photo's is always a bonus.

Cheers.

Benbrook, Texas
Level Contributor
2,242 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TR! Day one - MGM upgrade, Wet Republic, Marquee

Enjoying the TR. Looking forward to the rest.

Orange, California
Level Contributor
2,376 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TR! Day one - MGM upgrade, Wet Republic, Marquee

Looking forward to more. Thanks for posting.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: TR! Day one - MGM upgrade, Wet Republic, Marquee

I knew exactly who you were when you mentioned the lashes! Lol! Keep it comin'.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TR! Day one - MGM upgrade, Wet Republic, Marquee

More, please!!

NZ
Level Contributor
687 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TR! Day one - MGM upgrade, Wet Republic, Marquee

Always enjoy your TR's....keep going ;)

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
393 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TR! Day one - MGM upgrade, Wet Republic, Marquee

you guys are awesome, day 2 coming soon!

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
697 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TR! Day one - MGM upgrade, Wet Republic, Marquee

VERY interested in the lashes! Who, where, how much, and how long do they last? I don't wear make-up and would love to have some great lashes to make my eyes pop some more! Is Gina there at the Christoph salon?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
393 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TR! Day one - MGM upgrade, Wet Republic, Marquee

yes gina is at christophe. it is only 25 bucks (without tip) - they are supposed to last one night but we find if we don't submerge our eyes too much they last us for 3-4 nights. mine lasted through 3 nights. my sis still has hers on and its been aout 5 days. very worth it! great difference for those who don't wear make up. any hotel or salon will offer this service.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
697 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TR! Day one - MGM upgrade, Wet Republic, Marquee

Awesome! That is perfect! And since I don't do a lot of swimming, they should last me the weekend while I'm in Vegas! :) Thank you!!