We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roundtable buffet

DENTON
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Roundtable buffet

Has anyone had the Roundtable Buffet at the Excaliber? descent maybe.How bout the MGM buffet.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Roundtable buffet

Avoid the Excal buffet. Not one of the best in town and I'm trying to be kind! MGM is better but it's still pretty average. At that end of the Strip, Mandalay Bay has by far the best and nicest buffet.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,702 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roundtable buffet

Last ate there maybe 15 months ago. Bland, tasteless food, unappetizing presentation. It's OK if you don't care much what your food looks or tastes like.

MGM's was better, but that's where we did the "all day buffet pass" thing so we got sick of (not from!) it.

My personal feeling on buffets is that if you want to try it, you should try one of the better ones; Wynn, Bellagio, Wicked Spoon (Cosmo. I have not tried this one yet, but based on others' reports), Planet Hollywood, Mirage, M Resort.

Remember, if the best thing that you can say about food is "you can eat all you want," you might want to eat somewhere else.

Clarksville, IN
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roundtable buffet

Yes, the Roundtable buffet is not the best. Our favorites are Spice Market at Planet Hollywood and Carnival World at Rio.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
742 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roundtable buffet

I ate there 2 months ago. It wasn't bad, but definatley not the best on the strip. Possibly the best on the strip budget wise.

The food wasn't actually all that bad. Considering all the renos going on at the Excal, maybe they did some improvements to the buffet as well??? I did notice them filling the Guacamole containers with Yucatan Guacamole, not some crappy low priced no-name equivalent.

That and you can't beat $24.99 for an all day pass to the buffet. You may get what you pay for, but I didn't find the food twice as good elsewhere, maybe 20% better :)

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
742 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roundtable buffet

I should add. You won't find Lobster / Crab lags anything really fancy on the line.

Breakfast had Waffles, Pancakes, about 5 different styles of eggs, Bacon, Ham, Sausages, cereal, ect.

Lunch and Supper was Turkey, Roast Beef, a Taco Bar, different salads, Pizza, and a bunch of random dishes.

Nothing stood out as tasting great, but nothing tasted really bad either.

Edmonton, AB, Canada
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roundtable buffet

The problem with the Excal buffet is that they always get the signs in the blue and the yellow mixed up...

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,702 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Roundtable buffet

Finn, true, but at least they don't get cheap on you...

Ohio
Level Contributor
6,076 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Roundtable buffet

The Excal buffet was the first one I tried in Vegas nine years ago. It was horrible then and I never trusted it again.

Charleston, West...
Level Contributor
196 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Roundtable buffet

Its not a bad buffet. Its not the Wynn but it was never supposed to be. In my opinion its a pretty good value.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
433 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Roundtable buffet

We have tried the Ex buffet and not liked it. My other half especially is a picky eater and REALLY didnt like it. We moved across the street to the MGM and we liked each buffet meal we had there. Our all time fav is the Bellagio buffet for lunch. Does anyone know if MB has a buffet and is it any good?