We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fremont Fall Fling Downtown M&G Sept. 9th to Sept. 15th 2011

Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Fremont Fall Fling Downtown M&G Sept. 9th to Sept. 15th 2011

There’s been talk of a September gathering for quite some time now so here’s the official announcement of the Fremont Fall Fling! I know it’s really not officially fall but hey, it’s fall somewhere! Come join in for some great fun and a chance to see old friends again as well as make new ones. Activities will include a brunch or two, meet and greet, dinners, happy hours, pub crawl, bingo, ziplining and dancing. You’ll see why so many of us love downtown. The schedule is subject to change as the Plaza will be reopening and they have not announced new restaurants or other venues that we may want to visit.

Friday, September 9th, Official start of the Fremont Fall Fling - Nothing is planned for this date but if you happen to be in town that day, it’s open for suggestions.

Saturday – Sept. 10th, Champagne Brunch at the Fremont 11:00 am. There is a 2 for 1 coupon available at http://www.vegasexperience.com/coupons/ using your personal email address and the “password” realvegas. Later in the afternoon/early evening an E. Fremont crawl is planned to explore the East Fremont District and beyond!

Sunday Sept. 11th – Dinner at the Pasta Pirate at 8 pm in the California, new for a lot of us and they have a steak and lobster special for $18. After dinner it’s off to the Rush Lounge and Gold Diggers in the Golden Nugget for some dancing or just listening to the music.

Monday Sept. 12th – The Meet & Greet will be held at the Chart House during happy hour in the Golden Nugget from 4 to 6 pm. The Chart House is located by the new Rush Tower in the back of the GN. They have many great happy hour specials that include both food and drinks. www.chart-house.com/pdf/happyHour/CHLV.pdf Wouldn’t a group zipline be fun afterwards? If you can’t or don’t want to participate, you could watch the zipliners from the balcony at the Vue Bar on the second floor of Fitzgerald’s, great view.

Tuesday Sept. 13th – This might be a good day for some group bingo at the Plaza during the day. Dinner at the Flame is planned in the El Cortez at 8 pm which has been a tradition since June 2008. There are 50% off coupons in both the ACG and the LVA Members Rewards book and are also available through restaurant.com. A head count will be needed for reservations. We’ll start with Martini Happy Hour from 5 to 7 at the new Parlour Lounge by the Flame. They have some excellent martinis.

Wednesday Sept. 14th – Good day for a field trip and use some of the coupons from the ACG and LVA. We can gather suggestions as we go along.

Thursday Sept. 15th – It’s time to say goodbye to Vegas.  Perhaps a gathering for a farewell breakfast or brunch so we can all be sad together!

Please plan to join us for some fun times in our favorite place. There will be something for everyone. Keep checking back for updates and we hope to see you there!

tucson
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fremont Fall Fling Downtown M&G Sept. 9th to Sept. 15th 2011

Count us in. Booked flights today on SW's great special. We arrive sat 9/10 at 9a; leave Thur 9/15 at 740p.Its going to be so much fun!!

Edited: 22 June 2011, 00:58
Cornwall, New York
Level Contributor
7,530 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fremont Fall Fling Downtown M&G Sept. 9th to Sept. 15th 2011

Oh goodie, we are now "official" I can't wait to see everyone once again!

Thanks for a wonderful opening post VV, you got everything in that we need. Lots of teriffic information here for everyone.

We arrive at 9:40 pm Friday the 9th and leave Thurs. at 9:15 am . Lots of marvelous things planned for the week with my Trip Advisor Forum Friends(TAFFs)

Marge

Sarnia, Ontario
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fremont Fall Fling Downtown M&G Sept. 9th to Sept. 15th 2011

If I win big next week I'll come back in Sept.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fremont Fall Fling Downtown M&G Sept. 9th to Sept. 15th 2011

Me too.

Cornwall, New York
Level Contributor
7,530 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fremont Fall Fling Downtown M&G Sept. 9th to Sept. 15th 2011

Great..hope the gambling Gods smile upon you both next week!!!

Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,585 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fremont Fall Fling Downtown M&G Sept. 9th to Sept. 15th 2011

Whohoo! We are very excited! To finally be back in Vegas afgter such a long time, and to see my TAFFS! Looking forward to seeing some new faces too.

The plans sound good to us. were gunna commit to the brunch , Chart house HH for now. And the Pasta Pirate. Likely the Flame. Gotta plan a bingo session or five somewhere in there as well.

I Cant' wait to see MY hot tub, and take inventory on my fishie friends.

We Will Rearrive after California on Fri 9 early afternoon I think, and fly out on 5pm Thurs the 15th.

Oxy might be gettin ditched on the Sat night so I can see my BFF Jen.

We have our rental car booked, nothing booked for hotels though.

7. Re: Fremont Fall Fling Downtown M&G Sept. 9th to Sept. 15th 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 June 2011, 00:56
Cornwall, New York
Level Contributor
7,530 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fremont Fall Fling Downtown M&G Sept. 9th to Sept. 15th 2011

I do hope that everyone who is going between now and Sept. wins big and can get back to Vegas and join us in a meet up or two. The more the merrier.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,970 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fremont Fall Fling Downtown M&G Sept. 9th to Sept. 15th 2011

"Later in the afternoon/early evening an E. Fremont crawl is planned to explore the East Fremont District and beyond!" - Can I come too?

Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fremont Fall Fling Downtown M&G Sept. 9th to Sept. 15th 2011

Yes, I hope you all win big so you can join us!

Chi, sure you can come along, we'll show you the ropes!

I've got to jump on that SW deal. Rates haven't been that low in almost a year.