We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegas transportation

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Vegas transportation

I am going to a conference at the Venetian at the first of May. I will arrive a couple of days early for MY TIME which I choose to spend at a downtown hotel. Is there a shuttle that goes between the Venetian and Fremont street? If not, what is the most cost effective mode of transportation. Last conference I took a sedan ride that seemed to be way over priced... Thank you for all of your help! Happy Easter. Tina

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
45,711 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Vegas transportation

No shuttle. But you can take the bus from the Strip to Downtown.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
17,095 posts
2. Re: Vegas transportation

Looking at the system map, looks like the C"X" and the 119 pik up and drop off right there on Sands and Las vegas Blvd. Look at the system map and see what works for you:

http://www.rtcsouthernnevada.com/transit/sysmap/SystemMap(11-7-10).pdf

Saint Joseph...
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
3. Re: Vegas transportation

There are 2 different bus systems .... The Duece ..... and, something else. I believe they operate with 24 hour passes, which given your circumstances might work really well. The other thing you have going in your favor for the busses is the fact that the Venentian is so far North on the Strip. There will not be too many stops between the Venetian and downtown.

Or ....... just jump in a cab, it's about $20!

Level Contributor
3,524 posts
117 reviews
4. Re: Vegas transportation

The two buses you would be interested are the Deuce and SDX. You can purchase single ride, 2hr, or 24 hour passes right on the Deuce. The SDX requires you to purchase a ticket from a ticket vending machine (these machines are located at all of its stops). the 2, 24, or 72 hour passes work for any bus in Vegas. The SDX will have less stops and get you there a little faster than the Deuce.

www.rtcsouthernnevada.com/transit/route/

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Vegas transportation

You guys are AWESOME! I will check in to the bus system. Thanks again for your help. Tina

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Vegas transportation

Is the SDX basically a straight replacement for the ACE? Does it do the same route?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,289 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Vegas transportation

The SDX is much quicker than the Deuce as it makes fewer stops along the Strip- we just got back and we caught it in front of the Wynn which is just next to the Venetian- so a quick walk over the elevated walkway and you'll be on your way Downtown- it stops Downtown just across from the Golden Nugget entrance- going back you'll pick it up on the side of Binions just across from the Nugget.

I do find the fares confusing for SDX- you have to buy a ticket from the machines at the stop ( no cash accepted on the bus and no single fares available)- a RTC employee is sometimes stationed in the area to help you figure out what type of pass it best for your needs- we got a three day pass and used it on all buses, Deuce included. When the SDX bus arrives all doors open and you don't show your pass on boarding- but they do spot checks on buses from time to time ( we were checked once in 3 days ) and you are fined if you don't have your pass- it makes boarding very quick , so really the SDX is a delight once you get the fare card figured out- also SDX does not run in the wee hours of the am- so if you stay Downtown late , Deuce will be the only choice. You catch that further down Fremont just around the corner from Neonopolis.

North Bay
Level Contributor
289 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: Vegas transportation

Does the SDX stop at the Premium Outlet Mall?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,289 posts
11 reviews
9. Re: Vegas transportation

Yes it does, but it goes there after it goes into Fremont Street as one of it's last northbound stops- or on the way out of Downtown on the southbound leg if I recall. here is the routing:

Edited to note- could not get this to come up as a live link when I first posted- went to edit aaaaaaaand trying again, but you may have to copy/paste it- it works then:

http://www.rtcsnv.com/transit/route/stripdowntown/stripdowntown(11-07-10).pdf

Edited: 24 April 2011, 00:48
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,289 posts
11 reviews
10. Re: Vegas transportation

I hope I have that right- I do know we passed the outlets once - but can't recall which bus we were on - we rode the SDX, the WAX ( Airport Express), and the Deuce at one time or another- may have been on the Southbound WAX that we passed the Outlets and that one goes nowhere near the Venetian- sorry for the messy post above- I have a sticky key and could not edit again....