We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where Can I Buy Pepper Spray in Vegas?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
Where Can I Buy Pepper Spray in Vegas?

Anyone know where I can pick up some pepper spray in Vegas (close to the Strip)?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where Can I Buy Pepper Spray in Vegas?

StripCruiser - The only time that I haven't felt safe in Vegas is exiting the monorail at one of the station's very late at night....Harrah's in particular. From there, we walked behind Harrah's to the Venetian parking garage. It probably would have been best to take a cab but we didn't realize how secluded the area was.

We've also thought about walking from Ellis Island late at night to the strip but didn't feel comfortable doing that.

We like to rent a car and take some side trips. I just feel better having pepper spray should our car break down in a remote area, etc. It's not the best device, but it's better than nothing should a pack of desert bandits try to hijack your vehicle. lol

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where Can I Buy Pepper Spray in Vegas?

BTW, Hitch....a "doozie" lol....how stupid of me! Bad things don't happen to people on vacation!!!! lmao

1,519 Miles from...
Level Contributor
3,251 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Where Can I Buy Pepper Spray in Vegas?

Well, I guess I can see it both ways. I think JacknSally might back me up here (they're both police officers) but pepper spray vs. banditos with automatic weapons will probably not end in your favor too often, best to just cooperate, give 'em what they want, even if its the rental car. Everything is replaceable but human life. We want you back home to write another good TR, afterall!

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,757 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Where Can I Buy Pepper Spray in Vegas?

When we first moved to NJ/NY from Chicago my sil bought me Pepper Spray - then I found out it was illegal.

If you are that paranoid, take a taxi!

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
6,957 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Where Can I Buy Pepper Spray in Vegas?

Yep Strip you're right...I don't have any spray, never will. I was sprayed directly in the face in the academy by some stuff that's way worse than anything they sell at stores and I was able to keep my eyes open and walk across the gym...it definately hurt like a son of a gun when I tried to wash it out (felt like someone had pounded nails into my eyeballs, I was pouring dishsoap directly into my eyes for relief) but after seeing how much time I had to react before I was unable to see I will never trust the stuff....

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Where Can I Buy Pepper Spray in Vegas?

It's not "paranoid" Warmwinds, it's common sense.

BC, Canada
Level Contributor
3,671 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Where Can I Buy Pepper Spray in Vegas?

Gosh when I first saw this post I was thinking "why does Bham needs pepper spray at Circus Circus?".

I think pepper spray would be more dangerous to

myself let alone actually using it on anyone else.

LOL Hitch!

Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Where Can I Buy Pepper Spray in Vegas?

You should carry a gun and not waste your time or risk your life with any wimpy pepper spray.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Where Can I Buy Pepper Spray in Vegas?

LOL, from all the comments about Circus Circus, the pepper spray may not be such a bad idea. I think maybe night vision goggles, a wet suit, and a bathroom plunger might, and a box of Wheaties might be appropriate as well.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Where Can I Buy Pepper Spray in Vegas?

Oops..well, you know what I mean (my dog threw his fluffy duck on my keyboard...)