We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

United Airlines

gosport hants...
Level Contributor
349 posts
Save Topic
United Airlines

We have flown with many airlines but never with United Airlines, are they good? It is a long flight!! comments please........Thanks....Ada UK England

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,718 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: United Airlines

Any airline is "good" that gets me to the airport to which I'm flying, close enough to the time I'm expected to get there, and doesn't lose my luggage somewhere along the way.

United is like all the rest, they'll throw you a meal and a movie along the way.

Only difference is their "Economy Plus" section will give you a little more leg room, you can look into getting that if you're in Economy.

Boro
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: United Airlines

Fly evertiime with United, never had a complaint to be honest.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: United Airlines

I don't know if you've ever flown a US based airline before or not. If not, here are the differences between them and BMI, BA, Virgin Atlantic:

US based airlines charge for drinks, soft drinks, coffee/tea/juice as free but they charge £3 or $5 for beer, wine and spirits.

US based airlines do not give out those little amenity kits you might be used to receiving, the ones with toothbrush and paste, sleep mask, socks.

Once in the US and since you are flying United, you will go through Immigration and Customs at the first airport your plane lands in. I'm guessing that would be Chicago O'Hare since you are flying United. When making your connecting flight, if you are going to be hungry on the flight to Vegas (it's 4 hrs from Chicago) then buy food to take on board with you. The do not serve food on these flights. They will give you the free beverages I mentioned above, but that's it. Beer etc costs $5 and they do have snacks for sale on board, most are in the $3-$5 range.

gosport hants...
Level Contributor
349 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: United Airlines

thanks for those comments, very useful. I will certainly look into economy plus, and will remeber to take a sandwich or similar for the flight to Vegas, four hours is quite a long flight without a bite to eat!!! Ada....UK

Boro
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: United Airlines

Mate, I have about 3 breakfasts the day I fly to Vegas, one at Durham & Tees Airport, one at Heathrow and another when I get on the plane at Heathrow, just fill up when you get to Chicago or wherever you change.

6. Re: United Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 16:19