We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

School me on Slots-O-Fun

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
School me on Slots-O-Fun

Never have gone in, have only wandered by. This year, though, we're making it in. We always dedicate three or four hours a trip to acting a fool at the Midway in Circus Circus and are going to hit Slots-O-Fun as well this time around.

What can we expect? In my dreams it's a low rent place filled with cheap games, dirty drunks and perhaps a few people who could expire for good while jockeying a slot machine!

If that's the case, I think it will be perfect.

Portland
Level Contributor
1,841 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: School me on Slots-O-Fun

White Trash equivilent of the Wynn.....

Where Cousin Eddy takes Clark Griswold during Vegas Vacation...

paris
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: School me on Slots-O-Fun

I think you got it right.

It's a dump, a trash bucket.

But riddle me this.

Where else can you find a craps table in front of the strip?

Absolutely nowhere.

And hotdogs that will have you puking for days!

Paradise
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: School me on Slots-O-Fun

I agree...someone from PARIS would definatley know a trash pit.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
716 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: School me on Slots-O-Fun

Make sure your shots are up to date. :)

Kansas City
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: School me on Slots-O-Fun

Awesome, you all have quickly moved this place up on the list of places I must see.I think it will be the perfect place to go before a few cocktails at the Hang 'N Loose just up the street by the Sahara!

New Richmond...
Level Contributor
544 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: School me on Slots-O-Fun

ricky - start your cocktailing here! Cheap $1 beers gets you primed for a good night. On the flip-side, you can go elsewhere, get overserved (happens to me alot) and END your night with a good, nice big beef hotdog and $1 beer.

$1 BJ late

Cheap craps on the strip

Lots of good people watching

You really cannot lose.

Lyle

San Diego, Ca
Level Contributor
113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: School me on Slots-O-Fun

Last year I saw a poor timeshare lady who was actually stationed there get into a huge argument with someone. I have no idea why but I felt sorry for her having to try to push timeshares on the Slot O Fun crowd.

They were getting into it so bad that the boss came over and fired her right on the spot. I was shotting craps at the time and the whole table stopped to watch.

Don't expect the Beallgio by any stretch but for me it is a must see every trip. I love the cheap beer and cheaper atmosphere. You will get used to the smell after a few beers so dont worry, just breath through your mouth for the first hour or so, like most of the other people there are doing.

Loveland Colorado
Level Contributor
4,385 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: School me on Slots-O-Fun

Crupiea- you crack me up!!!! Slots of Fun is a blast!! Seedy, cheap, dirty , perfect.... You wont regret it!!!

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
2,379 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: School me on Slots-O-Fun

Where else can you "Pony Up To" a video slot (Texas Teas For Me) right on the Strip. Only a small awning overhead:)

It's great to smile at the passer bye's with an Ice Cold Beer, hitting the spin botton and maybe even a bonus:)

Just Remember this simple rule: If You See A Coin Bucket, You'll Need It!". I'l say no more:)

I'll be there in less than 30 Days >:0)

San Diego,Ca.
Level Contributor
6,416 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: School me on Slots-O-Fun

All these posts break my heart. That part of the strip was the strip in the 70's 80's and early 90's.

It was like cruising in the 50's or 60's some thing like the movie American Graffitti with Shirly Williams, Ron Howard, and Suzzane Summers.

Now it is a dangerous area at night.