We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time at Mandalay Bay

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
505 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
First time at Mandalay Bay

Hello,

we are going to vegas at the end of the month and staying at the Mandalay Bay. This will be my first time at this hotel, I have not been to vegas in about 3 yrs. Does Mandalay Bay have any good restaurants or buffets..

Also-Is the MGM buffet still a good choice.

Any new good Shows that we may need to look into?

Thanks!

Fort Walton Beach...
Level Contributor
857 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: First time at Mandalay Bay

We really liked our stay at Mandalay. In my opinion, their buffet is head and shoulders above MGM's. In fact, it's my favorite so far (but haven't been to Wynn.) Since you're staying at Mandalay, I recommend Mama Mia. We also really liked Danny Gans (Mirage). If you are in the 40 and up age group you would enjoy Rita Rudner, very funny (Harrahs) And of course, Mac King at Harrahs! Have fun!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
23,455 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First time at Mandalay Bay

MB has a bunch of good restaurants. I like MIX at the top of TheHotel.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
821 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time at Mandalay Bay

Let's see - you will have some choices! Mandalay Bay has been my favorite spot for the past 4 years and it keeps getting better (especially now that the rooms have been redone)

Bayside Buffet - very good, great crab at dinner, shrimp cocktail which is available lunch and dinner, prime rib is the best!

Red Square - great martini's and vodka drinks (and some good appetizers as well)

Raffles - the 24 hour coffee shop/diner is GREAT, the portions are huge, I love the salads, nachos, wings, and the baked potato soup. I don't like breakfast, but they are supposed to have a great one (available all hours)

Border Grill - good Mexican, but I usually don't eat full meals here...usually just a few margaritas or sangria (which is the best), chips and gauc, tamales, etc. Very good and also large portions

Shanghai Lilly - expensive side, but really really good Chinese food

Mix - for drinks is incredible for views of the strip...go up around 6pm before the cover starts, order a few drinks and hang out watching the sun set over the strip/mountains and enjoy the strip get lit up

Burger Bar - LOVE this spot, great gourmet burgers (you can get anything from Kobe beef to buffalo or mushroom) with all kinds of toppings. Great zuchini fries also

Chocolate Swan - great for desserts, their chocolate eclairs are the best (as featured on Food Network :) and they have great other sweets as well

Room service here is also great

Mamma Mia (the Abba musical) is at MB and it is TONS of fun - check it out if you have a chance

If you have any other quesions, just ask!

brookyn, NY
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First time at Mandalay Bay

we recently stayed at THEhotel but found Mandalay Bay as a whole a nice and fun place. I thought the buffet was great

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
505 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time at Mandalay Bay

Thanks everyone! This give me some good ideas!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
821 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time at Mandalay Bay

a bit more advice....

sign up for the Players Card (if you don't already have one) - put everything at MB on room charge and when you check out, see if you qualify for any comps.

if you want to see a Cirque du Soleil show (LOVE and Mystere are FANTASTIC) - you can book them through your players card as well (I have recieved very good seats this way).

If you want to get to the MGM Grand/ NYNY intersection, take tram II (it bypasses luxor) and turn left out of the stairs - it will take you straight to the strip without having to go through Excalibur and saves a lot of time (it is not maked with any signs).

Red, White, and Blue serves a mean milk shake (I get a chocolate oreo and add baileys... :)

Have Fun!

Ohio
Level Contributor
7,339 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time at Mandalay Bay

Mandalay Bay has an excellent buffet...great sea food and prime rib.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
505 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time at Mandalay Bay

Thanks! We already have one comp night and a really good rate for the others, but I will definitely sign up for the players card.. every little bit counts :>) ! Thanks again!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
505 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time at Mandalay Bay

Do you happen to know if Mandalay gives out any coupons at check-in. I've stayed at MGM and they normally give a b1g1 coupon at check-in. Just curious.

Thanks

10. Re: First time at Mandalay Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 00:20