We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help! Henderson or Strip?

northeast
Level Contributor
225 posts
12 reviews
Need help! Henderson or Strip?

We will arrive in Vegas from the GC the evening of Thursday, July 26 and leave Saturday morning as part of a six week road trip.

I am 52 years old traveling with my kids ages 22,20 and 17. We just want to “see” the Strip and won’t be gambling. Just walk around, take in the sights, etc..

I have Marriott’s Grand Chateau booked that is literally right off the .strip, but am wondering for money sake if it makes sense to stay at a Courtyard in Henderson that is literally half the price.

We will be visiting the Strip during the day and evening of Friday.

Should I keep the .grand .chateau? How far is Henderson? Parking costs if I drive in?

Any suggestions are really appreciated.

Thanks!!

8 replies to this topic
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
275 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: Need help! Henderson or Strip?

Hi !

I am also going to stay at Marriott Grand château for my first trip this october. As we will be arriving in Las Vegas on a saturday night, I decided to pick the Courtyard Marriott Las Vegas South hotel for the first night. Rate at the Grand Château is 227$ saturday and 166$ during the week. At Courtyard Marriott vegas South, it was about half the price, at 112$. This hotel is really close to the strip, comparing to the Courtyard in Henderson. They have shuttle to Mandalay bay every 30 minutes and shuttle to Aria each hour. I didnt look at the price for your date yet but to conclude, I would recommand staying at Grand Château for more convenience and it has a nice pool on the roof which will give great view i suppose. But if you wanna save money, I would recommand Courtyard Marriott las vegas South unless of the one in Henderson for better proximity.

https:/…

South Jersey
Level Contributor
3,772 posts
68 reviews
2. Re: Need help! Henderson or Strip?

"Worth it" is subjective.

It was worth it to me to take Lyft from the airport to our hotel - others take the bus to save money while others take a limo which is more expensive.

I can't imagine experiencing Las Vegas without staying in it - but it may be worth it to you.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,512 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Need help! Henderson or Strip?

Pretty much everything that you would think of as Las Vegas is on the strip. Staying on the strip simplifies the logistics and gives you more time to explore.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
5,907 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Need help! Henderson or Strip?

If you have plans on the strip, then it wouldn't be prudent to stay miles away, in my opinion. Stay at the MGC and have a super time.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
30,536 posts
5. Re: Need help! Henderson or Strip?

Since you will be visiting the Strip stay on the Strip.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,607 posts
65 reviews
6. Re: Need help! Henderson or Strip?

I agree with the other comments and also given the ages of the young people...THEY will want to be near the strip!

northeast
Level Contributor
225 posts
12 reviews
7. Re: Need help! Henderson or Strip?

Thanks everyone! We have decided to stay on the Strip!

northeast
Level Contributor
225 posts
12 reviews
8. Re: Need help! Henderson or Strip?

Also wanted to mention that the Courtyard Vegas South is more than the Grand Chateau so it’s a no brained to stay on the Strip. Thanks again!

Reply to: Need help! Henderson or Strip?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted