We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wrecker service

Laurens, South...
4 posts
Save Topic
wrecker service

Has anyone here had any dealings with Whistler Towing? If not and you have a need for a wrecker service my suggestion would be to avoid this company. They were recently dispatched by my emergency towing company to pick up my motorcycle and instead of being happy for the work they charged me an additional $274 out of pocket to let me put my tiny, pull behind the motorcycle trailer on their trailer with my motorcycle.

It is my opinion that they knew a stranded motorist, after waiting for hours, would pay nearly any amount and they were right. This reminds me of the price gougers who charge $20 for a gallon of gas during a hurricane. Very un-American.

2 replies to this topic
Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
5,632 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: wrecker service

You didn't get a quote what it would cost when you called them to arrange the service?

Deb

Laurens, South...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: wrecker service

No, Good Sam's Emergency Assistance called them to arrange the tow. My guess is that Good Sam's called several tow services and danced around the issue enough to let them know they were looking for the best deal they could get AND that the customer, me, had a trailer that wasn't covered - the unsaid understanding being that they could pretty much charge me whatever they wanted.

Just my guess of course

Reply to: wrecker service
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Livingston