We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hwy 89 from Livingston to Mammoth

Otwell, Indiana
Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hwy 89 from Livingston to Mammoth

Hi ~ What kind of roadway will we find on 89 from Livingston to Mammoth? Easy drive or white knuckles? Will be coming in July.

Thank you

4 replies to this topic
USA
Level Contributor
623 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hwy 89 from Livingston to Mammoth

An easy and scenic drive. No mountain passes. Keep an eye out for eagles and their nests along the river as you near Gardiner.

Otwell, Indiana
Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hwy 89 from Livingston to Mammoth

Thank you ! My husband will be thrilled. He knows what to expect around the Mammoth loop, but this is the first time we will be coming in from the North entrance.

Leesburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hwy 89 from Livingston to Mammoth

Hey there. As the other posted said, it's a very easy drive. I am terrified of heights, but Yellowstone is my favorite destination and I go every year (I fly in to Bozeman from northern Virginia). You will love this drive...it's very easy. From Livingston, it's about 45 minutes to Gardiner. There are no scary or white knuckle parts at all. However, you may crash your car because you will be looking at the beautiful scenery and not the road. LOL! Keep watch for all sorts of wildlife near the roadway, especially pronghorns, elk, and bighorn sheep as you get closer to Gardiner.

Otwell, Indiana
Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hwy 89 from Livingston to Mammoth

Thank you for the information.... you are lucky to get to come every year. We hope to be able to work in the park or for grand teton lodge co when we retire in a few years.

Reply to: Hwy 89 from Livingston to Mammoth
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Livingston