We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Is The Deal With Bass Pro Shops Time Share / Radisson?

Which Branson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Collinsville...
Level Contributor
229 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
How Is The Deal With Bass Pro Shops Time Share / Radisson?

Has anybody done the Bass Pro Shop Deal with their time share package with the Radisson Hotel in Branson and a 90 min. time share presentation of Big Cedar Lodge?

You pay only $59.99 for 2 nights at the Radisson and a 90 min. tour of Big Cedar Lodge.

Any thing I should know?

How was it?

Thanks for any info.........

missouri
Destination Expert
for Branson
Level Contributor
772 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Is The Deal With Bass Pro Shops Time Share / Radisson?

We did this one 2 - 3 years ago and it was pretty typical for a timeshare presentation. We did it because we wanted to see the amenities that the resort had to offer and they offered us a lot back in return for the money we paid them up front! They put us up at the Radisson, gave us a $25 gift certificate to Bass Pro and $50 to use on our choice of any show in Branson. IF I remember correctly, the 90 minutes turned out to be more like 2 hours! We 'turned down' their first offer, and they brought in a saleman 'just a bit higher on the ladder' to talk to us and reduced the price. Turned him down too, and repeated the scenario! Went thru several salesmen and the price was reduced very much from their original offer, and they 'just couldn't understand how we could refuse' such a great offer. The last couple of salesmen were pretty rude, but we stood our ground and didn't purchase. The one thing I remember as being different with them, they 'gave' us our 'freebies' upon checkin at the hotel, we didn't have to wait until after we did the timeshare presentation to get them. But they had our info, so I"m sure they would have 'billed us' if we had skipped out on them before the presentation. All in all, it was pretty much as we expected it to be and we were 'prepared' for them!

We've done several time share 'thingys', but will never do one again as I have read of so many terrible experiences that people have had to deal with. Timeshares have a terrible 'reputation' in Branson, so if you do one, be prepared to be humiliated!

Collinsville...
Level Contributor
229 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How Is The Deal With Bass Pro Shops Time Share / Radisson?

^^^^^Thanks for the info shis1. Much apprecaited. I have never done a timeshare before. I am a push over too. Maybe I should not do it.

Missouri
Level Contributor
784 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How Is The Deal With Bass Pro Shops Time Share / Radisson?

We did it a couple of years ago and it wasn't as bad as some timeshare presentations. Like the poster before said, our salesman didn't push too hard, but they do not want to hear "no" and he brought in his supervisor to talk to us. They could not understand how we could say no! They offered us a great deal to stay several more nights in the future, but no weekends. We couldn't use it during school so it didn't work for us.

If you think you might be talked into it, DON'T DO IT! A purchase that big needs to be really looked into, not bought on a whim.

Poplar Bluff, MO
Level Contributor
26 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How Is The Deal With Bass Pro Shops Time Share / Radisson?

Hi! Glad you asked before you ended up regreting your choice. TS can be very persuasive,and are very expensive in the long run if bought wholesale. If you can not sucurely stand your ground, don't go!!! There are many ways to visit branson, with out spending to much. Clean, nice hotels can go for as little as $54.00 and up. Branson is a wonderful place, but TS scams can make you think otherwise.

Parma, Ohio
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How Is The Deal With Bass Pro Shops Time Share / Radisson?

They are right if you do not want one and you are a pushover do not go , the way I get out quick it tell them I simply do not like the place I don not think they get this answer very much because they look dumbfounded they still send in the big guy but he gives up pretty quick

OKC
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How Is The Deal With Bass Pro Shops Time Share / Radisson?

We are scheduled to go to this at the end of Oct. but I have seriously been considering getting my money back just so I dont have to put up with these guys. I have never been to a timeshare thing before but as im learning about it and finding out how pushy these people are I think it might be in everyones best interest if i just cancel it and get a refund as I do not do well with salesmen when I tell them no and they keep pushing

7. Re: How Is The Deal With Bass Pro Shops Time Share / Radisson?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 18:17