We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Broken Arrow...
Level Contributor
292 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging reccomendations/Family of 5

I am in the planning stages of our family vacation and need some input on lodging.

Looking for hotel/motel in the price range $50-80 a night with over-sized rooms where we could do a roll-away or something similar & that includes a breakfast,outdoor pool and close to a tim saver route

I like the looks of Savanah House and their jacuzzi king room with a living room-we could do an air mattress with a room like that-and their breakfast looks appealing as well-has anyone stayed in this type of room and can give me more info?

We considered a condo just for the space but realized we wont be in the room that much and I dont even want to see a kitchen while I am on vacation,which is why a continental breakfast looks even better to me.

Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated

TIA

p.s.

fordarama if you read this we are looking for something similar to the layout of willow beach motel rooms-you helped me last yr and our kiddos said that was the BEST vacation they ever had-the rooms with pull out sofa and small fridge and microwave were perfect for our family

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging reccomendations/Family of 5

The three sister hotels are savannah house, branson best and whispering hills,

All three have a good breakfast, ice cream and cobbler and cookies in the evenings.

All three are a good value..

Another place I think is a good deal is twelve oaks inn,

You get breakfast and they have a room with three beds, In your price range, and a pool.........

They are a block off of the 76 strip and have a play ground and basket ball , volleyball ,

Easy location to get to...

It might be better because of the setting, less crowded than the other two.

http://www.twelveoaksbranson.com/index.html

There is a lady on my branson forum that owns Green mountain inn,

She has an outdoor pool, breakfast, i think she might have family suites...

http://gmiofbranson.com/amenities.htm

She will give you a break if you are on the forums of

www.1branson.com

You will learn alot from reading the forums...

Stop and say Hi............

I will keep looking, if these aren't good.

Broken Arrow...
Level Contributor
292 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging reccomendations/Family of 5

Thanks fordarama for the info...

what kind of breakfast does twelveoaks provide? I like the basketball court my hubby and son would enjoy that.

I like that green mountain says it is walking distance to lots of places that is also an added bonus.

Both places seem to still be in the heart of it all but with easier access to the color routes

Thanks again, I have a lot to think about-I am trying to get the most bang for my buck

st.charles,mo.
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging reccomendations/Family of 5

You might want to look into Southern Oaks Inn.They have in and outdoor pool.

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging reccomendations/Family of 5

It looks like their breakfast is on the light side, toast, donuts, maybe cereal.....

I thought the three bed family suite would be good for your family........

Keep us updated......

5. Re: Lodging reccomendations/Family of 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 00:16