We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for older couple needing lots of R&R?

Lufkin, Texas
Level Contributor
128 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay for older couple needing lots of R&R?

My husband (58) and I (57) desperately need some rest, rest, rest, (did I say rest?), and some fun but not physically taxing activities to do in Branson. Where are some good places to stay that maybe won't have loud clients? Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for older couple needing lots of R&R?

There are a couple of real nice B&B's that would fit what you want..

One is called aunt sadies garden glade,

It is a wonderful B&b where each room is a seperate cottage/cabin.

Most have fire places, jacuzzi's for two, Private hot tubs on a screened in deck..

Trees all around,

Easy access to the main drag for restaurants, shopping, ect....

www.auntsadies.com

we stayed in the suite infinity,

You get a goodie basket, home cooked baked goods, juice, milk , cereal , pop corn, hot chocolate, coffee.

A fridge and a microwave in the room.......

Really comfy beds,

We loved it...

The second place is called a B&B , but it is more of an new england style inn,

Themed rooms, some with jacuzzi's

Close the main drag, over looking a bluff..

Bradford inn, comes with a home cooked breakfast in the general store/office...

Make sure to get a room in the upper floors, the lower floors are a bit noisy from the jacuzzi's.

www.bradfordinn.net/

For things to do, try the branson belle showbaot...

a cruise , a dinner or lunch and a show....

On beautiful table rock lake,,

Hubby and I love to go to branson and just eat, shop a bit and enjoy our room.......

The branson landing has some really good places to eat,

I love the white river fish house....

Beautiful building,

Or for a unique , romantic place try the restaurant at the keeter center at the college of the ozarks...

http://www.keetercenter.edu/dining.asp?page=4

It is ran by the students, there also is a wonderful museum on the campus as well..

Only $4.00 a person...

Some good history there

www.rfostermuseum.com/

I hope this helps a bit....

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
118 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for older couple needing lots of R&R?

We have stayed at The Cabins at Grand Mountain run through Thousand Hills Resort. They are close to the strip but they have trees all around and you feel like you are out in the mountains. Jacuzzi, full kitchen, wonderful bathroom, wonderfully decorated. They are my favorite place to stay in Branson. The website is www.thousandhills.com.

MO
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay for older couple needing lots of R&R?

While you are in Branson check out the #1 Hits of the 60's Show. It is a lot of fun and by the ages you listed it will be fun hearing all the great music from the 60's. They even have a Drive-In Movie skit with cars that actually drive on stage at the drive-in. It plays at the Jim Stafford Theater on Hwy 76.

st.charles,mo.
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay for older couple needing lots of R&R?

I would look into renting a cabin on the lake.There are many just depends on what lake you would like to be on.

5. Re: Where to stay for older couple needing lots of R&R?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 23:17