We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Branson in June with Kids...What to do and stay?

st. joe, mo
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Branson in June with Kids...What to do and stay?

We are traveling to Branson with our three kids ages 7 and 3 yr old twins in June. I have not been to Branson in many years, and was thinking about staying at the Clarion after reading the reviews. Is that a good place for kids? Also what are the best things that little kids would enjoy?

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Branson in June with Kids...What to do and stay?

Have you thought of a condo??

There are some really good condo rentals,

with pools, game rooms,

some on the lake..

I really like huntersfriend resort.

They have condo's, kitchenetts,and a motel.

They have 2 pools, lake views, kareoke on saturdays, bikes to ride around,

It is located near silver dollar city

www.huntersfriendresort.com

The clarion is nice, good rooms.

There also is a group of three hotels that have a 22 item breakfast, and ice cream and cobbler in the evenings.

www.bransonsbest.com

http://www.savannahhousebranson.com/

http://www.whisperinghillsinn.com/

You should take a look at

www.vrbo.com

for rentals of condo's /lake houses..

As far as fun things to do for the kids,

silver dollar city is great,

celebration city is awesome

and white water..

There is a new recreation center in branson that has a water park,

you can swim for $4.00 for adults and $3.00 for kids,

under 3 are free..

bransonparksandrecreation.com/hours_fees.htm

Most tourist don't know about it,

way cheaper than white water.

A fun place to eat is the hard luck diner

the wait staff sing to you as they serve you.

It is located in the grand village shopping center, next door to the grand palace theater on 76.

It has has 2 singers that made it to the top levels of american idol.

One in the top 22 this year, Jason pritchett..

It is 50's themed, with a great soda fountain.

There is the dam site that you can visit the fish hatchery, feed the fish and take a free tour.

Bring quarters for the fish food.

www.bransoncelebrationcity.com

http://mdc.mo.gov/areas/hatchery/shepherd/

The branson landing has a build a bear shop, as well as a fire and water shop for free.

and good restaurants and stores, like the bass pro shop.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
91 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Branson in June with Kids...What to do and stay?

Hi! The Clarion is a good choice, even with kids. We have stayed there several times with our son, now age 7. The elderly guy at the front desk (I can't remember his name) was always so friendly to us and he always remembered my son by name, talked to us every time we went out and came in the lobby. We always stayed in the main building and got a room with a private balcony, and our son loved that! Also, they have an indoor and outdoor pool. Every time we have gone, we seemed to be the only ones using the pools. We always managed to have them mostly to ourselves. That may not be the case in June....Also, you might can save a little $$ at

www.interstatetravelbuddy.com

Also, I agree with Fordorama on the Hard Luck Diner, we took our kids there this past October and they LOVED it! My son still talks about all of the attention he got from the wait staff there, and the cook even came out and sang to our eight month old daughter!

If you're interested in shows, our favorite that we have ever gone to for kids is Kirby Van Burch a couple of years ago, and we all LOVED it! I think even your three year olds would like it; it was very fast-paced and entertaining.

If you can stand the heat in June, you should definitely take the kids to Ride the Ducks. They take you around Branson a little, and then splash into Table Rock Lake, and all of the kids get a turn at driving in the water! You can take camera and video camera along, and there is some great scenery from the top of a mountain looking down at Table Rock Lake. My son and I really enjoyed that.

Have a great time!

3. Re: Branson in June with Kids...What to do and stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 02:16