We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jay Leno

arkansas
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Jay Leno

We spent last Thursday and Friday at Tunica especially to see the Leno show at Horseshoe. He is no doubt the best standup comedian on the circuit. For an hour and half he told jokes on all topics and took only one break, to drink some water. There was no music, no big intro, only Jay standing in a suit and tie. His monologue was clean, no dirty jokes or mean remarks. It was great! We gambled at Hollywood and Resorts, no people, no wins. But both Gold Strike and Horseshoe had wall to wall people, especially in the evening. Even Roadhouse had a lot of activity, much more then on previous visits. There is now a bus going to the Roadhouse leaving from Little Rock daily which should help them out. The 'Shoe removed a lot of quarter machines and replaced them with blackjack tables, and they were very busy. We played mostly slots and video poker with very little luck as usual. Overall, a good time.

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,110 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jay Leno

Wow! I didn't know Jay was in Tunica or I might have seen him myself again. We saw him in Vegas a few years ago and he did a similar show to what you saw. The only difference was that he had an acapella musical group that did a thirty minute opening segment before he did his ninety minutes. He is the consummate stand up comedian, IMHO. I sure miss him on late night TV. We we're lucky enough to have seen a taping of The Tonight Show when he was still on there and it was a lot of fun (pre Conan O'Brien era).

Sounds like you had an awesome trip. Thanks for the report. The bus from Little Rock to Roadhouse should up their business.

2. Re: Jay Leno

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2016, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Tunica