We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Water

1 post
Ocean Water

Hi! We have been looking at Ocean Springs for a vacation and I was wondering how is the water? Is it clear? I have two little ones and really don't want them swimming in water where I can't see what is around them.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
54,562 posts
1,819 reviews
1. Re: Ocean Water

In Ocean Springs, the Mississippi Sound (a semi-protected area of the Gulf of Mexico, is fed by silt and sand-laden rivers and streams, so not really all that clear.

Deer and Horn Islands, just offshore, shields the area from the Gulf, and is formed by the silt and sand.

Now, just to the east, Graveline Bayou is spring fed, and much more clear, hence the name "Ocean Springs."

Enjoy,

Hunt

Edited: 08 March 2017, 14:52
2. Re: Ocean Water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2018, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Ocean Springs