We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Mississippi the Worst State in the US?

Chicago, IL
6 posts
Save Topic
Is Mississippi the Worst State in the US?

I have been reading and hearing that Mississippi is the worst state in the US, according to the media. Does anyone agrees with their version of Mississippi?

Mentioned in this post
Mississippi
Mississippi
United States
St. Louis
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is Mississippi the Worst State in the US?

We are passing through Jackson in a week or so. We know nothing of the area. Where is the best affordable hotel in a nice area? Are there any areas we should avoid? Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Jackson
Jackson
Mississippi
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
50,607 posts
1,680 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Is Mississippi the Worst State in the US?

Kleenexk,

It might be helpful to start you own thread, thatcher than tag onto basically troll thread, which few will read.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Is Mississippi the Worst State in the US?

Stay in Flowood. Just east about 5 miles from Jackson

Mentioned in this post
Jackson
Jackson
Mississippi
14. Re: Is Mississippi the Worst State in the US?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2018, 00:01
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
50,607 posts
1,680 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Is Mississippi the Worst State in the US?

John,

Great points.

While I think that the OP was a troll, you make excellent points for others, who might look at this thread.

Hunt

2 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Is Mississippi the Worst State in the US?

No my friend Mississippi is not the worst state by a long shot. I'm from Mount Olive,Ms and have also lived in Jackson! I currently live in Bloomington, Il. Let me tell you, Illinois has the worst schooling systems,the most corrupt governors, labeled worst place to live for black people, the most jails and prisons. Everyone that come to Illinois say the same thing. The people are slow, dumb and 🌽 nie!

Mentioned in this post
Mississippi
Mississippi
United States
Jackson
Jackson
Mississippi
Illinois
Illinois
United States
2 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Is Mississippi the Worst State in the US?

No my friend Mississippi is not the worst state by a long shot. I'm from Mount Olive,Ms and have also lived in Jackson! I currently live in Bloomington, Il. Let me tell you, Illinois has the worst schooling systems,the most corrupt governors, labeled worst place to live for black people, the most jails and prisons. Everyone that come to Illinois say the same thing. The people are slow, dumb and 🌽 nie!

Mentioned in this post
Mississippi
Mississippi
United States
Jackson
Jackson
Mississippi
Illinois
Illinois
United States
bfleb433
Level Contributor
12 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Is Mississippi the Worst State in the US?

I have spent a lot of time in Chicago as well as different areas of MS. I have never been robbed or beaten up in MS. Both have ocuured in Chicago. People are friendly and polite in MS. People in Chicago are not.

The people murdered in Chicago in a week us about equal to the number murdered in MS in a year.

People in MS would be polite enough not to ask this question. Just sayin...

Mentioned in this post
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
Get answers to your questions about Jackson