We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mall of America

Level Contributor
583 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Mall of America

I will be in the area. Is the Mall of America worth a day's visit?

Any info and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Happy 4th of July to all.

Mentioned in this post
Mall of America
Mall of America
4,860 Reviews
Bloomington, MN
Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,291 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mall of America

If you are really not into shopping, you could see it in a few hrs

There are basically three rings of shops on three levels, and amusement park in the middle, aquarium in the basement, movie theatre on the 4th floor, and four main anchor stores in the corner.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,851 posts
428 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mall of America

We love stopping to visit Mall of America. But, it's a shopping center. If you want the experience, you can do that in an hour or two. In my opinion, it's worth seeing it but I'm not sure I would recommend a full day unless you really want to shop.

Mentioned in this post
Mall of America
Mall of America
4,860 Reviews
Bloomington, MN
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
882 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mall of America

I would agree with the basic premise of the other posters...if you are a shopper, than it is worth seeing for the shopping and other activities at the mall (and I say that as someone who is not a shopper).

If you are a casual shopper, then perhaps spend part of a day at the MOA? You could then consider other activities in Minneapolis. Downtown Minneapolis and MOA are accessible by a reasonably easy to use Light Rail Transit system, which will get you from MOA to downtown in about 30-40 minutes. From downtown there are other various activities to spend time exploring. These activities (and others) can be easily checked out by going to www.minneapolis.org than my listing on this forum. Even from downtown Minneapolis, taxi rides should not be terribly expensive if there is an activity you want to explore not right within downtown.

Minneapolis and St. Paul are interesting cities worth a visit (at least in the summer, winter is another story). Decide your level of shopping interest and go from there...

Mentioned in this post
Minneapolis
Minneapolis
Minnesota
Saint Paul
Saint Paul
Minnesota
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,921 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mall of America

I would say that if you want to check out the MOA, then it's maybe an hour or 2 tops. If you want to shop, there are a lot more places to do that within driving distance. The area in the Northeast metro comes to mind, Plymouth/Maple Grove has some great stores, and leading up to the Albertville outlet mall. You can't go wrong in Minnesota with no sales tax on clothing.

Mentioned in this post
Maple Grove
Maple Grove
Minnesota
Minnesota
Minnesota
United States
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,921 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mall of America

Sorry, I meant Northwest in my response.

6. Re: Mall of America

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Bloomington
More Bloomington Topics