We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Front B&B?

Which South Haven hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sunnyvale, CA
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Front B&B?

Any recommendations for a B&B or other lodging with a lake view for a Saturday night in late September? Two women traveling through area have just one night to spend - so places with a two night minimum are out.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
43 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Front B&B?

One of the reasons South Haven is so wonderful is that there are no commercial businesses directly on the lakefront, no lodging and no restaurants. You will appreciate this, I am sure. After you know that, choose from the many B&Bs which are very close to the lake, Yelton Manor (the best), also Carriage House and inn at the Park, also Last Resort. The hotels are either on the highway by the WalMart (Hampton is best), a mile out, or a few non-chain types right downtown, like Nichols or Old Harbor Inn. Read the TA reviews, best idea.

I doubt that the B&Bs will have one night stay available on a Sat, weekends generally need two nights there. Good luck and enjoy your stay in the best little resort town EVER!

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Front B&B?

As Windy said, 2 night minimum is standard. BUT...if you are willing to wait til the day or two before, i Know a few of the places will take a one nighter. A friend recently stayed at the Last Resort on just Saturday night, but she didn't book that until the Thursday of that week. Good Luck in your search.

Michigan
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Front B&B?

If you want the best view out of your B&B, Yelton Manor is certainly not your best bet. Carriage House on the Harbor has an excellent view of the harbor. It is not the lake, but it beats Yelton Manor's view of zero.

Michigan USA
Level Contributor
741 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Front B&B?

I'd suggest Carriage House as well. Be sure to ask for one of the rooms that overlooks the harbor. Their day room overlooks the harbor as well. Their website does say that they have a "2 night minimum on most weekends" so there are some weekends that may be available for one night.

Here's their link:

http://www.carriagehouseharbor.com/

Yelton Manor has beautifully appointed rooms, but there are no views to be had from any of them..................

Sunnyvale, CA
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake Front B&B?

I apologize for not answering - you were all very helpful!

The Old Harbor Inn is willing to book for one weekend night.

I'm looking forward to seeing South Haven again - it's been years.

Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
824 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lake Front B&B?

old harbor is hit or miss on their rooms....hopefully you get a hit...and there is a top floor room at yelton that has a tiny balcony w a lake view if you really crane your neck around....i just didn't like the folks that run the yelton....carriage house is wonderful although it's been a while since I stayed....

best thing about old harbor is the great little decks riverside....get a nice bottle of wine...go apple picking and share some great apples with it and enjoy!!

or check out the channel wine bar downstairs at yelton....nice folks there....and don't miss the tiny show across the street!!

Sunnyvale, CA
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lake Front B&B?

Wonderful tips - thank you!

I believe our room is a 2 bedroom suite. Any input on that?

8. Re: Lake Front B&B?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about South Haven