We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confusing ferry timetables for May

Maryland
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Confusing ferry timetables for May

We're trying to plan an itinerary for late May that would take us first to Split for a couple days, then out to Vis. Unfortunately, the ferry timetables are pretty confusing. Is there actually a ferry that goes from Split to Vis in the morning? Is it only on certain mornings? Does it go direct, or are there stops? There are multiple web sites that seem to give contradictory information!

4 replies to this topic
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
3,015 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confusing ferry timetables for May

jadrolinija.hr/docs/… At that time of year there is a ferry at 11am and 6:30pm every day except Friday. On Friday it is 10am and 5pm. No stops. There is an afternoon catamaran but only on Tuesdays.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
59,580 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confusing ferry timetables for May

That ferry is directly to Vis and not sure about May but I see that there is a morning ferry in December which leads me to believe there will also be one in May...the new schedules are not out yet.

Durham
Level Contributor
5,711 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confusing ferry timetables for May

The afternoon catamaran is daily, but the 11am (10am Friday) ferry is the better option if you want to travel in the morning.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
3,015 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confusing ferry timetables for May

At apt22: Yes, Thanks for clarifying that there *IS* a daily catamaran to Vis from Split (I was looking at the Hvar to Vis connection, which is once per week on a Tuesday). Apologies to OP for the confusion!!! The company that operates the catamaran is Krilo. It's a PM departure though.

Reply to: Confusing ferry timetables for May
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Island of Vis