We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why some hotels dont provide complimentary bottles of water?

Penang, Malaysia
Level Contributor
27 posts
33 reviews
Why some hotels dont provide complimentary bottles of water?

I did a research in Hotels in Bodhgaya and most hotels don't provide 2 bottles of complementary water except some high class ones. Is water a precious commodity in Bodhgaya? I been traveling around East Asia and South East Asia and complimentary 2 bottles of water is there everyday on your table even in Guest houses and 2 star hotel, Its a standard item. You don't have to ask for it, it is given free. On the other extreme some guest houses require you to 1. Bring your own toilet paper. 2. Bring your own soap. 3. Bring your own towel. They don't even have a boiler or kettle to make your own coffee or tea.

Mahabodhi Temple
Architectural Buildings
Bodhi Tree
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Royal Bhutan Monastery
Sacred & Religious Sites
M s
Bodh Gaya, India
Destination Expert
for Patna, Rajgir, Bodh Gaya, Hajipur, Gaya, Bihar
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Why some hotels dont provide complimentary bottles of water?

Hi,

I agree most of hotels have atleast 2 bottled water complementary but few hotels in AU/NZ also they don't provide any free bottles of water.

Bodhgaya , i know few are providing but not sure the lists of hotels they are not provided , it depends on hotel package and rates

Penang, Malaysia
Level Contributor
27 posts
33 reviews
2. Re: Why some hotels dont provide complimentary bottles of water?

Thank you Mukesh, for your feedback. India is an interesting place and Bodhgaya is a holy town with positive vibes and energy but its good to know . Maybe I will get my water supplies from the 7-11 convenient store. The reason I am asking is that not all pilgrims are rich. Some might save a lifetime to make a pilgrimage to Bodhgaya into a reality. However it took me 2 years to save and prepare to come to India. I got a good deal near to Suvarnabumi Airport Bangkok for 700 Thai Baht with swimming pool , free round trip Airport transfer but no breakfast as Thai Airways transit in Bangkok en route to Penang, Malaysia.

M s
Bodh Gaya, India
Destination Expert
for Patna, Rajgir, Bodh Gaya, Hajipur, Gaya, Bihar
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: Why some hotels dont provide complimentary bottles of water?

I agree with you.

Or just before checking into hotel in Bodhgaya you may request to hotels I am sure they will provide it. Else you get bottled batter from next shop.

Have great travel

4. Re: Why some hotels dont provide complimentary bottles of water?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2018, 20:15