We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day tour to Rajgir and nalanda by a small taxi

Penang, Malaysia
Level Contributor
27 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Day tour to Rajgir and nalanda by a small taxi

I will be in India for 7 days starting from 3rd October 2017 with my son. How much does it cost to go to Rajgir and Nalanda by taxi? I'm interested to see Vultures peak and the old Nalanda University.and come back before nightfall. The first three days i will concentrate in the Mahabodhi temple for prayers and meditation. Kindly advice and do the needful.

Sincerely,

William.

9 replies to this topic
M s
Bodh Gaya, India
Destination Expert
for Patna, Rajgir, Bodh Gaya, Hajipur, Gaya, Bihar
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day tour to Rajgir and nalanda by a small taxi

Hi,

I guess you are coming to Rajgir and Nalanda from Bodhgaya right?

The small taxi rates are 8-9/kms for Indica and 9.50 -10.50 for Indigo, this is general rates in the region and it may slighty differ taxi vendors to others. Generally they charge 200 -250 kms for a day on return basis, it means even you are not travel 200-250kms for a day you need to pay for this plus driver allowances differs 200-300 per day or some agency only charge for night.

So in this i guess you can have minimum 1800- 2000 INR per day. Any road tax, toll charges or parking it's customers responsibilities as they mention.

Hope this clarify you better

Penang, Malaysia
Level Contributor
27 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day tour to Rajgir and nalanda by a small taxi

Thank you Mukeshdangi,

At least i have a rough idea how much it cost as I don't want to be ripped off . You are right I will start from Bodhgaya as a pilgrim. As an avid traveler, I backpacked to South East Asia alone for adventure, but I did a lot of homework before I travel. The Cambodian Thai border have a lot of scams but I was prepared as I read a lot of travel Blogs, trip advisor, lonely planet etc. They want me to pay US 250.00 from Poipet to Siem Reap. But the native Cambodian told me the real price.secretly for fear of reprisal. I haggled and threatened to walk out to take other taxi or bus.and at last I got a whole taxi(Toyota Camry) for US24.00 which I shared with 2 other American. We paid pro rata among 3 persons so each of us paid USD8.00

Traveling alone and back backing is risky for the uninitiated. Thank you for your kind response.

M s
Bodh Gaya, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day tour to Rajgir and nalanda by a small taxi

You are welcome!

Have great travel

If you would like can check with EazeeCab.Com or KETC travel agent (these got good reviews ) for all seven days small car and let see how much they can quote, in this way you can cover more places in around Bodhgaya, Rajgir, Nalanda, Pawapuri, Vaishali and other places of your interest. Over all taxi is cheaper in India not so costly.

Have great time

Penang, Malaysia
Level Contributor
27 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day tour to Rajgir and nalanda by a small taxi

Thank you Mukesh for your kind information. It is very much appreciated.

M s
Bodh Gaya, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day tour to Rajgir and nalanda by a small taxi

You are most welcome

Penang, Malaysia
Level Contributor
27 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day tour to Rajgir and nalanda by a small taxi

Thank you Mukesh. Ive seen video clips of KTEC tours in You tube. I might check it out to see if the Rajgir and Nalanda day tour is reasonable. Looks like a decent tourist agency. While reading travel blogs, trip advisor, lonely planet etc., there are unscrupulous taxi drivers taking advantage of naive foreign women by being "cheeky", overly friendly, asking personal questions, amorous as though they haven't seen a beautiful women before. Some were even duped into soliciting "donation" for school building fund scam and no money to buy books and pencils scam. I don't know how far it is true but I know of some Caucasians and a Japanese fall to the con artists.

M s
Bodh Gaya, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day tour to Rajgir and nalanda by a small taxi

You are welcome!!

Better to get good taxi driver and trusted you need to book through trusted agency

they need to go long run and they won't act like such

KETC and EazeeCab we have good reviews on TripAdvisor tourists rest for single drivers not able to say as cheat and scams all over the world.

Have good travel

Penang, Malaysia
Level Contributor
27 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day tour to Rajgir and nalanda by a small taxi

I think the first thing I want to do after arriving in Bodhgaya is walk to the Mahabodhi Temple to fulfill my dream of a pilgrimage.to Bodhgaya. I hope I still have the energy to walk there from my Guest house, about 10 minutes walk..(700 meters) Then I might explore Bodhgaya town and search for KTEC office to find out more of the day trip. From what I read somewhere in the forum, a devotee saw a vulture in Vultures peak in Rajgir but I think it is rare. As always, the sad part of traveling is saying goodbye to a friend who had crossed your path and often you might not see that person again, leaving foot prints in the sands of time.

M s
Bodh Gaya, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day tour to Rajgir and nalanda by a small taxi

not a bad thought

Go ahead

Reply to: Day tour to Rajgir and nalanda by a small taxi