We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Hampton Inn Madison Heights/South Troy

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
72 posts
28 reviews
89 helpful votes
Question about Hampton Inn Madison Heights/South Troy
Save

My family will be visiting Detroit for the first time in October. We have a friend who lives in Highland Park and she recommended that we stay at Travelodge Royal Oak. However, we are still contemplating on whether to go for this place or the Hampton Inn Madison Heights on Stephenson Hway. which has given us a good package.

Anybody who can share about what to expect from the Madison Heights neighborhood.

Any inputs will be much appreciated.

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
9 helpful votes
1. Re: Question about Hampton Inn Madison Heights/South Troy
Save

Hi. Hampton Inn Madison Heights has an incredibly kind and attentive staff. They will go out of their way to greet you good morning and they will help you with anything you need. I highly recommend it for its service. However, the rooms are dated and a not very impressive. They are comfortable and if the package is a good deal, by all means, do it. You can probably get a better deal by going onto Hotwire and booking there. Input Troy, Michigan and pick the 3 star and chances are, you will get either Hampton Inn in Madison Heights, or even better, Homewood Suites in Troy. Both have hot breakfasts. Good luck.

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
7,468 posts
2. Re: Question about Hampton Inn Madison Heights/South Troy
Save

Neighborhood is fine. You are right by Oakland mall (and many strip malls) if you want to go shopping. It also has easy access to I-75.

I have not stayed at that location, but I have stayed at many Hamptons and never had a bad one. Usually a reliable budget chain.

3. Re: Question about Hampton Inn Madison Heights/South Troy

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 15:18
Get answers to your questions about Madison Heights
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.