We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to watch fireworks?

Michigan
14 posts
Best place to watch fireworks?

I would love to hear opinions on where to watch fireworks on July 4. This would be my families first visit to the area and would love any advise on where to stay also. I have been looking at Mackinaw City and St. Ignace. Please help me before everything is booked up. Thanks in advance.

Swartz Creek
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Best place to watch fireworks?

Mackinaw City Fourth of July

Celebrate an all American 4th of July in Mackinaw City. Enjoy children's games on the Marina Lawn, an evening concert at Conkling Heritage Park and the largest fireworks display in Northern Michigan.

Event: July 4th

Time of event: - Fireworks at Dusk

Location:Conkling Heritage Park, Mackinaw Crossings, Marina Lawn

Contact Information: Mackinaw Area Visitors Bureau

E-Mail: info@mackinawcity.com

Contact Phone: 231-436-5664 or 1-800-666-0160

Lots and lots of motels in Mackinaw City!!

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
5,297 posts
269 reviews
2. Re: Best place to watch fireworks?

Mackinaw CIty has the largest display in the region and there is a concert along the lakeshore at Conkling Heritage Park before the show. From Mackinaw City you can see the fireworks in St. Ignace, the Island, and (maybe) Cheboygan.

Most people will watch it from closer, but I like to watch from the shore south of town with the bridge behind the fireworks.. Here is a photo I took from out there 3 or 4 years ago - http://www.mightymac.org/fourth.jpg

Be sure to walk to where ever you watch it. People come from many othert communities to see the fireworks, and the traffic takes hours to clear afterward. If you watch from downtown, walk over to the Crossings and watch the laser show following the fireworks.

Keith

plymouth
1 post
3. Re: Best place to watch fireworks?

the Northpointe inn is the best place to watch the fire works- the bay angles out perfect. good luck on geting a room there! but it is the best hotel in mackinaw- they do offer some last minute deals so check it out! also it is the only legal place to have coctails and watch the fireworks in mackinaw city!. the have their own bar and waterfront seating. 231-436-9812

Michigan
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Best place to watch fireworks?

We stayed at a hotel towards the end of the main thoroughway along the lake (maybe less than 1 mile east of the main shopping mall/ferry stations) that set up campfires on the beach! You can sit by the campfire and see the fireworks from Mackinaw City, Mackinac Island, AND St Ignace - all at the same time! There are several in that vicinity to choose from.

5. Re: Best place to watch fireworks?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 19:20
Get answers to your questions about Mackinaw City