We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October itinerary

Nebraska
Level Contributor
332 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
October itinerary

I was hoping someone out there could help me with our anniversary itinerary.

We will be coming in on a Wed. evening, and plan to stay at The Henry hotel.

On Thursday, we plan to go to the Edsel Ford House in the morning in Grosse Pointe Shores in the morning, then take the Rouge Truck plant tour in the afternoon. After that, we were going to explore the outside grounds of the Henry Ford Estate as the actual house is under reconstruction and is unavailable. The grounds are open until 6 p.m.

On Friday, we plan to visit Greenfield Village and The Henry Museum. If we don't have enough time there, we will add Saturday morning to finish these museums.

Any suggestions to fine-tune our itinerary?

Any suggestions for places to eat? We would rather not travel too far from this area if there are good restaurants in the vicinity.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give us.

Mentioned in this post
The Henry, Autograph Collection
The Henry, Autograph...
825 Reviews
Dearborn, MI
Henry Ford Estate
Henry Ford Estate
28 Reviews
Dearborn, MI
Greenfield Village
Greenfield Village
2,068 Reviews
Dearborn, MI
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October itinerary

I have a few follow up questions:

1) Will you be renting a car?

2) Will it be just the two of you?

3) What types of food do you like? Do you have a budget for restaurants?

Nebraska
Level Contributor
332 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October itinerary

We will have our our pick-up truck. It will be just us two old lovebirds. And most kind of foods we like, but especially Mexican, Italian, and steaks/burgers. The budget for the restaurants is moderate for breakfasts and lunches, and nice for the suppers/dinners. Thanks for any help you might be able to give us.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
944 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October itinerary

Millers Bar in Dearborn consistently is on the top burger lists in Michigan but they are cash only (no plastic).

Mentioned in this post
Dearborn
Dearborn
Michigan
Michigan
Michigan
United States
Milan, Michigan
Level Contributor
2 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October itinerary

If it rains, go to Henry Ford museum first. You will want a dry day for Greenfield Village. They have food on-site, especially at Taste of History in the Village. There are a number of restaurants in West Dearborn (west on Michigan Ave.) or you can go to the Fairlane Green shopping center at Oakwood & Southfield where there are a lot of restaurant choices. Have a great trip!

Mentioned in this post
The Henry Ford
The Henry Ford
3,699 Reviews
Dearborn, MI
Greenfield Village
Greenfield Village
2,068 Reviews
Dearborn, MI
Dearborn
Dearborn
Michigan
Michigan
Michigan
United States
Southfield
Southfield
Michigan
Nebraska
Level Contributor
332 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: October itinerary

Thanks for the above information. We appreciate the local knowledge!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: October itinerary

If you prefer to stay in Dearborn, Frida on Michigan Avenue has great Mexican food. There's an abundance of coney islands and Middle Eastern restaurants in Dearborn. I would suggest any of the coney islands for breakfast, and perhaps a Middle Eastern restaurant for lunch or dinner.

The suggestion of Miller's is great if you like burgers. Keep in mind, as mentioned, they're cash only and they only do burgers or tuna melts. That's it.

Buddy's, also on Michigan Avenue in Dearborn, serves amazing Detroit original pizza. They have a big menu of salads, sandwiches, and other items as well.

For Italian, a lot of locals like Andiamo (again, on Mich. Ave. in Dearborn). I am honestly not a fan, but they must be doing something right because there are several Andiamo locations across metro Detroit.

Finally, Mati's Deli on Monroe in Dearborn serves my favorite sandwiches. They would be another great lunch stop.

Mentioned in this post
Dearborn
Dearborn
Michigan
Michigan
Michigan
United States
Detroit
Detroit
Michigan
Nebraska
Level Contributor
332 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: October itinerary

OK! Well, my mouth is watering now! Thanks so much for the above information. I have read that the Middle Eastern food is especially good in the area, so we may have to give that a try, as we have not had the opportunity before this. Good eating, everyone!

8. Re: October itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2017, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Dearborn