We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodations: Please help!

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,469 posts
71 reviews
Accommodations: Please help!

We are planning to stay 4 nights in Rockport, in the fall. A few places we are looking at:

Peg Leg Inn (Beach & King),

Yuletide Inn (Mt Pleasant St),

Eagle House Motels (One is on Beach St, & one on Cleaves),

BeachKnoll (Inn on Beach St, or apartment on Main),

Lantana House (Broadway)

There's also a vacation rental home near the Catholic Church on Broadway, but my concern is the walk, if the weather isn't the best.

Any comments on these, or any other places? I would prefer to be in walking distance to the shops & restaurants. A water view is a HUGE plus, but not a necessity, for a nice place with good rates. btw- It is 2 couples ... no kids. And we each want our own bathroom.

Thanks for any suggestions or comments!

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
6,053 posts
183 reviews
1. Re: Accommodations: Please help!

I live locally so I've never stayed at any of these places, but do want to comment that the rental (assuming that you've been given an accurate landmark) is about the same distance from Bearskin Neck as some of the other places you've listed. I've done that walk many times--it's an easy walk on level ground with good sidewalks.

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,469 posts
71 reviews
2. Re: Accommodations: Please help!

In looking at the map, you are probably correct about the distances to Bearskin Neck. Thanks for pointing that out. But wouldn't a stroke down Main, from Eagle House, Peg Leg, or BeachKnoll, along the waterfront...be more picturesque? Tough decisions......

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
6,053 posts
183 reviews
3. Re: Accommodations: Please help!

Yes, I agree you would have scenic waterfront walks from those places, but all of Rockport's little "downtown" area is pretty and near the water. I don't think you'll go wrong with any of these location-wise.

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,469 posts
71 reviews
4. Re: Accommodations: Please help!

We've decided on Peg Leg Inn! Just couldn't pass on how adorable the place is, & the view! Now looking for suggestions on quaint places to eat😉 My mouth is watering for fresh seafood, already!!!

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
217 reviews
5. Re: Accommodations: Please help!

For lobster in Rockport, can't beat Roy Moore (the shack on Bearskin Neck not the restaurant in town). Pretty much just lobster, but you can BYO. Only place to eat is outdoors at picnic tables in the back, harbor view.

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,469 posts
71 reviews
6. Re: Accommodations: Please help!

I was just looking at Roy Moore....& my mouth was watering.....

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
217 reviews
7. Re: Accommodations: Please help!

Also, the Lobster Pool. It is away from the downtown, so you will need a car. Good seafood, indoor and outdoor seating with a nice ocean view. It has much more variety than Roy Moore's, all kinds of fish, not just lobster. Yum.

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,469 posts
71 reviews
8. Re: Accommodations: Please help!

You're killin' me!!!!

9. Re: Accommodations: Please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2016, 01:15
Get answers to your questions about Rockport
Recent Conversations