We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanks for the advice!

Macon, Georgia
Level Contributor
366 posts
89 reviews
Thanks for the advice!

I just booked the Intercontinental via Hotwire(1st time user) for $139.Excellent recent reviews on here ,so I am excited about that!! Also have booked the Eagle House Motel in Rockport,basing my decision on the excellent recent reviews here. Thanks everyone , for your advice. Next Question: Would you advise taking a cab from the airport or would the water taxi be a viable option??

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
1. Re: Thanks for the advice!

Hi, Macon

I had a sneaky suspicion the Intercontinental was going to catch your eye! I'm so happy you got it through Hotwire since it costs a big bundle if you were to book thru the hotel itself. Congrats! Congrats on landing the Eagle House as well. I have no idea about Rockport lodging, but Tripadvisor is such a great site and a great tool to get unbiased reviews....and advice from locals.

Whether to travel to the IC via land or water is up to you. I would recommend the water taxi since it's a great way to see the city coming across the harbor. The water taxi dock at the IC is on the backside (water side) of the hotel, but still easy to get to the lobby for check in. I know City Water Taxi services the IC so maybe go with them? If you're unfamiliar with how to take a water taxi from the airport, it goes like so: Exit terminal and wait for the free #66 shuttle bus to come by. When boarding you can ask the driver to place the call to City Water Taxi and let them know you you'll be at the dock shortly. Or, you can call them yourself. Wait for them to arrive at the dock and away you go (sometimes they're already at the dock when you arrive). You can buy tickets online or you can pay your fare to the boat captain at the dock. I'm sure you've already looked at the water taxi options, but here's city water taxi if not. Have a great trip and feel free to ask more questions.

http://www.citywatertaxi.com/

Edited: 11 May 2010, 23:25
2. Re: Thanks for the advice!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2010, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Rockport
Recent Conversations