We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyannis Port - winter

buenos aires...
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Hyannis Port - winter

What about finding a tour to Hyannis Port on January? I know there are lot of options for summer and spring but couldn´t find any boat/bus that takes you to the town of Hyannis on January.

I´ll stay in Boston but would love to have a view of the Cape. Any ideas??

NYC
Level Contributor
660 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyannis Port - winter

Look at a map. You seem to be a little confused about where things are. Boston and Cape Cod are not so close that you’ll get a view and you can drive to Hyannis on the Cape – but most people here will agree Hyannis is more of a starting point then a destination.

Perhaps you’re thinking of the ferry from Boston to P-Town?

Just so you know – things are rather cold, stark and dark on the Cape in Jan. In Boston it’s utterly brutal that time of year. It can still be lovely (I love an East Coast winter) but you should know what you’re getting yourself into.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyannis Port - winter

The P and B bus goes from Boston to several points in Cape Cod. If you want to see H'Port get off in Hyannis and hire a cab. I used to live in H'Port area and it's quiet in the Winter. Nothing to see..the Kennedy compound is a collection of boring white old houses clustered together.

buenos aires...
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyannis Port - winter

Thanks for your help! Of course I know this isn´t the best time of the year to visit this place !! and I´ve found most tours are available only until October that´s why I´m asking if there´s any excursion available to book in January.

Since I´ll stay in Boston but won´t rent a car, I´d need a bus tour or a boat as you mention to get there... but is there any doing the trip in winter??

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyannis Port - winter

No, there are no tours or boat trips in the Winter. As mentioned you may take a taxi tour. There is nothing to see...ocean, houses..

buenos aires...
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hyannis Port - winter

How long takes the trip by bus??

NYC
Level Contributor
660 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hyannis Port - winter

I don’t think you’re going to find a tour that time of year. Not only is it going to be cold but the days are very short that time of year – by 4 in the afternoon it’s going to be dark as night. I would think busses would be very slim too as there is nothing for you to see in Hyannis that time of year – even ‘in season’ Hyannis is more of a travel hub and less of a destination. There are many, many more desirable towns on the Cape.

If you were renting a car and staying in a nice little sea side room with a fireplace and your honey that would be one thing – but Jan is just not the time of year for tours.

7. Re: Hyannis Port - winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 14:20
Get answers to your questions about Hyannis Port