We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marthas vineyard in May

mi
8 posts
Save Topic
marthas vineyard in May

Hubby and I would like to take a spur of the minute trip to Martha's Vineyard. We would leave Michigan with our truck and travel trailer and camp somewhere near the ferry. We would like to take a day trip and I cannot do a lot of walking (due to bad knees). We are looking for suggestions of a nice campground in the area and then any tours that show us all of the major things to see on Martha's Vineyard. Is it possible to go in May and expect to find a site in a campground without reservations? Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Martha's Vineyard
Martha's Vineyard
Massachusetts
Michigan
Michigan
United States
Cape Cod
Level Contributor
101 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: marthas vineyard in May

Bay View Campgrounds, just over the Canal in Bourne is the biggest and best in the area. Just 30-40 minutes to Hyannis and Falmouth ferries and 10 minutes more to Woods Hole ferries.

I also see many campers parked along the rest areas of route 6 alongside the Canal. This is free parking with wonderful view of the Cape Cod Canal but of cousse there are no camper facilities.

Once you arrive at MV there are tour buses that can take you all over the island.

Mentioned in this post
Hyannis
Hyannis
Cape Cod, MA
Falmouth
Falmouth
Cape Cod, MA
Woods Hole
Woods Hole
Falmouth, MA
Cape Cod Canal
Cape Cod Canal