We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do, shop, or eat for two weeks?

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
229 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
What to do, shop, or eat for two weeks?

Well, fellow TA members, you proved very helpful (as usual) when I was looking for lodging, which I was able to get from your recommendations of Airbnb site, and we already booked a beautiful rural house in Ancram . Now, for the easy stuff, what to do? Where to shop? And where to eat?! We will be setting there with plenty of free time for 2 weeks waiting for our kid to finish his tenor at Camp Hi-Rock, Mt. Washington, MA.

As “ancient” Egyptians we are not that fond of antiques!! We (actually my wife!) will be more vulnerable to major discount outlets shopping. We located Lee Premium Outlet as a major outlet nearby; any similar suggestions would be great.

Green nature escapes, lakes, waterfalls and other “hidden and secluded” gems known only by locals would be a great treat for us.

As for dining, nothing fancy or European (we have those over here), real local dining options, good burgers, bagels, steaks, deep dish pizza..etc.

Hope not asking for too much, your favorite stuff will most probably be ours as well!

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Mount Washington
Mount Washington
White Mountains, NH
Baba Louie's
€€ - €€€, Italian, Pizza
Naji's
€€ - €€€, Lebanese, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
6,599 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What to do, shop, or eat for two weeks?

Kaaterskill Falls in Catskill Mountains is a long way from Ancram and the Berkshires. Perhaps you were thinking of Bash Bish Falls in Massachusetts but reached most easily from Copake Falls, NY.

Mentioned in this post
Kaaterskill Falls
Kaaterskill Falls
240 Reviews
Haines Falls, NY
Berkshires
Berkshires
Massachusetts
Bash Bish Falls
Bash Bish Falls
169 Reviews
Mount Washington, MA
Massachusetts
Massachusetts
United States
Wellington, Florida
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: What to do, shop, or eat for two weeks?

Vinny

We are getting married in August in The Berkshires. We are trying to put a list of "things to do" together for our guests who will be flying in from all over the country and we want them to take advantage of all the area has to offer in the limited time available. Would you consider sharing your list with me? aaron@poloclubcatering.com Please let me know. It sounds like it will be a big help. Thanks! Aaron and Julie

Mentioned in this post
Berkshires
Berkshires
Massachusetts
Lenox, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
424 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What to do, shop, or eat for two weeks?

Of course. No problem. I'll send it out later today, and CONGRATULATIONS!

New York City
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: What to do, shop, or eat for two weeks?

You might enjoy touring the farmer's markets in the area - Copake NY, Hillsdale NY, Amenia NY, Sheffield MA, Great Barrington MA. Contemporary art at DIA in Beacon, and MASS MOCA in Adams, Mass - both of these are outstanding. Baba Louie's Pizza in both Hudson NY and Great Barrington Mass is absolutely fantastic. Personally, I think there are much better restaurants in Great Barrington than Berkshire Brewing, but if you like fresh beer, then it's a good choice. Bash Bish Falls is quite busy, but Race Brook falls is a small hidden gem (and close to Mt. Washington). And the very best falls are the Great Falls of the Housatonic River, in Salisbury CT.

Mentioned in this post
Great Barrington
Great Barrington
Berkshires, MA
MASS MoCA
MASS MoCA
760 Reviews
North Adams, MA
Hudson
Hudson
New York
Bash Bish Falls
Bash Bish Falls
169 Reviews
Mount Washington, MA
Mount Washington
Mount Washington
White Mountains, NH
Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
1 post
110 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: What to do, shop, or eat for two weeks?

Wonder if your list of things to do is still available. I'd love to see your suggestions. Thanks.

Lenox, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
424 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: What to do, shop, or eat for two weeks?

Bettia, I sent the updated list out this morning.

Enjoy your visit.

17. Re: What to do, shop, or eat for two weeks?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2016, 18:18