We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wind in the pines

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
219 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
wind in the pines

has anyone stayed here?? what is it like. it appears to be old and shabby but i cant tell.

East Elmhurst, New...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: wind in the pines

I'm considering staying there; did you stay in this place? What do you think of it. There's not much info or pictures of this place in the online community.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
219 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wind in the pines

no. i ended out not going to this one. we got a last minute stay at smugglers notch. it just didnt present itself well.i felt like they were trying to hide something ..but i could be totally wrong about that. i wanted to drive by and check it out but we never did. if you stay please post what you found.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
21 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wind in the pines

Basically a converted motel, awful location first of all, not much to do if you don't have a car. You can do much better elsewhere.Certainly does not deserve a gold crown,but then so many of so called RCI Gold Crown resorts don't deserve their grading.Look elsewhere,management hardly ever around for assistance.

tfj
Louisiana
Level Contributor
2 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wind in the pines

Yes, Wind in the Pines is an old converted motel. Condo units have a mini kitchen with small frig, microwave, sink, coffee pot and basic dishes and a window air conditioner. It is clean but definitely OLD. Carpet, draperies, bedding are clean but low-end. Looks like you have stepped back into the 60's. They are not and do not claim to be a RCI Gold Crown facility. It does have an RCI Hospitality Award. I have stayed there twice but only because we are Wyndham/RCI members and that was what was available in that area. Conveniently located to many attractions in the Berkshires, but do not visit that area without transportation. You need a car for everything there. We flew our private plane into the airport at Pittsfield and rented a car. Spent a week sightseeing and still didn't get to see everything.

Mentioned in this post
Berkshires
Berkshires
Massachusetts
Pittsfield
Pittsfield
Berkshires, MA
Howell, New Jersey
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: wind in the pines

I have stayed here just a month ago and also about three years ago. Previous stay was in the efficiency unit (large, comfortable room with queen bed, sitting area, kitchenette and bathroom with tub/shower combo). This was located in the rear and the porch areas offer a view of the hills behind the hotel. Most recently, I stayed with my sister in the 2 BR/2BR Unit. Yes, this resort is a bit dated and not "light and airy". It is "basically" clean, but as with even high end hotels/motels, a high grade vacuum needs to be used. The kitchen was very clean; the bedding is very clean, but the rooms could use some upgrading in both decor and lighting. Management is very accommodating (when there). If you are late or don't leave on schedule, the owner is also accommodating (nice man)... There is no staff available 24/7, so if there is a problem, you need to call the owner (get his cell number or pager number which is outside of the office, as the number in the directory inside the unit is incorrect). There was an ac window unit in the living room area, so if you go in very hot weather, don't expect a cool bedroom. On the up side, if you go in the fall, ac is not an issue and the resort is located on a main road, convenient to restaurants and shopping.

Stratford, Iowa
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wind in the pines

We had a delightful stay at Wind in the Pines. The manager is available even when he is not on the property, and the facility had just what we needed for the time we stayed. A car was essential, but that should be expected when vacationing in that part of the country anyway. It was out of the way, and had an "out in the country" feel ... perfect for relaxing.

Boston...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: wind in the pines

There is a staff member on site at all times, first of all, residing in one of the units. It is a wonderful place, but yes, you need a car. i don't know why anyone would want to be out there if they didn't have a car. I've been an owner for a good 15 years and would never give it up. Neither would the other owners who come up from NYC and other places to catch Tanglewood, etc. in a place that is friendly, affordable, quiet. It is not the Marriott, so if that's what you want, this is not it. But this place is dearly loved by its owners and any year that I haven't been able to get out there just feels "wrong."

Mentioned in this post
Tanglewood
Tanglewood
991 Reviews
Lenox, MA
florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wind in the pines

Yes. Find another place to stay. No one on staff, except check -in. Mattresses are horrible, at least 20+ years old. If you want to make a small meal, forget it unless you are a skilled microwave chef. Just outdated everywhere. Needs a complete renovation. Would never recommend this unless a person was desperate.

I can deal with an older place if the mattress and towels are newer.

The view in the rear of property is nice. Flowers smell nice in front. Parking is barely adequate. Definitely a motel conversion.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,495 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wind in the pines

Folks this original post is from 2010.

Fitchburg...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: wind in the pines

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Wind in the Pines the first week in Oct. The Berkshire area has so much to see and do and the resort was very convenient to the region sights. Our 2 bedroom unit was very nice, clean, and plenty spacious. It has a partial kitchen which was fine for us.

The owner is very nice and provided very useful handouts and information about the area. The rest of the staff were very nice and helpful as well.

We would highly recommend the Wind in the Pines to anyone who would like a nice, relaxing vacation convenient to the many sights and restaurants in the area.