We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gloucester, Mass 2015 Lobster Season

Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
28 reviews
Gloucester, Mass 2015 Lobster Season

Hello All,

I am planning a trip to Gloucester Mass. at the beginning of the 2015 lobster season. I would like to sample the local flavor in and around the commercial docks. I am a Florida commercial fisherman and am very interested in visiting the commercial docks and meeting some local fisherman. Can anyone provide some guidance on setting up this trip?

Greg

Boston...
Level Contributor
8,211 posts
1. Re: Gloucester, Mass 2015 Lobster Season

There is a great blog about Gloucester written by a Gloucester lobster broker. It's called Good Morning Gloucester. See the write-up on wikipedia and the links there: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Morning_Gloucester

I'm assuming that he can point you in the right direction.

Edit: you can email him at goodmorninggloucester@yahoo.com

Edited: 08 January 2015, 17:01
North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
6,053 posts
183 reviews
2. Re: Gloucester, Mass 2015 Lobster Season

Another resource is Maritime Gloucester. Although their museum is closed for the winter, you can find contact information at their website (see staff directory):

http://maritimegloucester.org/

Georgia
Level Contributor
3,199 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Gloucester, Mass 2015 Lobster Season

Hi Greg,

I saw your post up in the Maine Forum too.

Can't help specifically, but I did a google search for "lobster boat tours" and got lots of hits. Check it out and perhaps you'll find something that appeals.

Somerville...
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Gloucester, Mass 2015 Lobster Season

They catch lobster all year round. I don't think there's a peak season. Summer is more popular in Gloucester because of the beaches and whatnot. Maybe look for an AirBNB or other house rental near one of the beaches - a private beach if you can.

My favorite seafood joint in Gloucester is the Causeway, my favorite in the Cape Ann area is Woodman's of Essex.

5. Re: Gloucester, Mass 2015 Lobster Season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2016, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Gloucester