Hello -- following my many posts on lots of TA detinations - north and south of Boston - we have now decided to take a day trip by train to Gloucester -- mainly because we are unable to confirm a travel person who had said she would show us around (but I think the family has just had a new baby -- so no contest!!) and also because we are so late in the year the maritime museum is closed. I have got some brochures from the Chamber of Commerce and am trying to plan our day -- some help please:
1. Train from North Station -- do I need to book a return ticket on line?
2. How to get from Gloucester train station to the waterfront?
3. Is there much going on daytime at the harbour?
4. Nice restaurant (maybe seafood) for lunch -- good food but not fine dining
5. Any other places we can walk or take a taxi to that would be worth seeing?
Thank you all so much on this forum -- We have gotten our senior discount on the Downeaster - thanks to you and we have been able to plan what I think will be a great trip for us, despite having no car! THANK YOU ALL