We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale Watching Tours - best in Gloucester or Bar Harbor?

Dallas, Texas
7 posts
Whale Watching Tours - best in Gloucester or Bar Harbor?

We will be traveling from Boston to Bar Harbor and stopping a night or two along the way as we day trip our way there. We have heard good things about the whale watching trips in Gloucester. Is it worth the day trip to Gloucester for whale watching, or will it be just as good or better in Bar Harbor where we will be planted for 3-4 nights? We are trying to plan our short stops along the way wisely to see the most variety.

Delavan, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
77 reviews
11. Re: Whale Watching Tours - best in Gloucester or Bar Harbor?

Will be in Boston mid-May. Are the whales resident whales, or are they seasonal?

If this isn't going to be our only trip to Boston this year, would be wiser to look at a different time of year? Or is now good?

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,678 posts
3 reviews
12. Re: Whale Watching Tours - best in Gloucester or Bar Harbor?

Most, if not all whales migrate great distances, but the companies don't run tours when there simply aren't any whales around. However, if you plan to visit during the summer, I'd suggest holding off until then, for warmer temperatures out on the water and possibly a greater number of whales.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
13. Re: Whale Watching Tours - best in Gloucester or Bar Harbor?

We have 2 passes to the 7 Seas Whale watch. They expire in October. If anyone wants them, just reply to my post. I will mail them to you free. Thanks!

14. Re: Whale Watching Tours - best in Gloucester or Bar Harbor?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Gloucester