We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boogy Board Beaches

Enfield, CT
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Boogy Board Beaches

My family is heading into Gloucester for a day trip while we're in the Boston area the beginning of July. Any recommendations for a beach that my daughter can boogy board on? (looking for some waves). Also looking for a seafood place that more of the locals go to for lobster and steamers - any recommendations for that as well for a great lunch? Thanks.

Edited: 22 June 2011, 18:27
Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Boogy Board Beaches

there's not many waves up this way for boogie boarding. i'm from the jersey shore and it's just not the same. still fun to be at the beach but every time i've been i never see waves : ( long beach is a good beach and along with good harbor. local seafood joint is charlie's and the clambox but that might be a drive for you, definitely worth it though.

Andover...
Level Contributor
615 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Boogy Board Beaches

I agree...most of the beaches in this area are not conducive to boogie boarding and surfing...the best beach I know for both is a stretch of North Hampton beach in NH. There are surfers there all the time.

3. Re: Boogy Board Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 23:16
Get answers to your questions about Gloucester