We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Gainesville, Georgia
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Help with choosing restaurants

Hi,

I'm planning to go to the Todd Farm Flea Market on a Sunday this summer. I'm from GA and have never been to this area before. Based on what I've read, the seafood is fabulous in the area. There are so many places to try and not enough time. Here's what I was thinking... I'll go to all the restaurants mentioned in the subject line and just try one or two items at each place. I'll have a friend with me, so sharing things is an option (to prevent getting too full)! I read that the lobster chowder at Lobsta Land is incredible, so I really want to try that. We'll be starting at the Clam Box and going east, so I guess Lobsta Land will be the last stop.

I'm looking for best dishes to try at each place, and am not opposed to suggestions for other restaurants in the area also. I heard the fried clams were the best at Clam Box. I've never had clams before, but I love oysters, so I'm thinking I might like clams too. I also love lobster, scallops, chowder etc. I also love good desserts!

Please give me any tips you can for this one day foodie adventure! THANKS!!

5 replies to this topic
mass
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with choosing restaurants

I'm sorry no one replied to you! I'm going there on Saturday and wanted the same info. What was your favorite?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,071 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with choosing restaurants

I never saw this the first time around. What do you like to eat? If you are looking for seafood consider Essex Seafood Essex Seafood or Farnham's

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,713 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with choosing restaurants

The OP had several similar threads going in a few different forums. ;-) The Gloucester thread had the most responses and may help you as well, Redgypsy. Here's a link:

tripadvisor.com/…

Also look at this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g41626-i3517-k7601…

It would be terrific to hear back from bce727, too!

Edited: 02 October 2014, 02:16
mass
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with choosing restaurants

Is there a radio station with a Save 30% store or anywhere I can get a coupon? I LOVE seafood and coupons. :) Essex Seafood sounds great.

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with choosing restaurants

You might check Groupon and Livingsocial for the area, though I haven't seen anything that meets your interest lately. You may need to click on Gloucester and Boston North for geography. Gloucester isn't a long drive from Essex. Otherwise, Woodman's, Farnham's and the Clam Box are the famous ones around Essex. Woodman's has nearly-unique fried lobster, a real treat, but really expensive, IMO. And the Woodman's line is long at weekends, especially in the summer, and and even more especially in the fall when many other places have closed.

Reply to: Help with choosing restaurants
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Essex