We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oceanfront accomidations

connecticut
Level Contributor
596 posts
Oceanfront accomidations

Looking for a hotel/motel within walking distance to the ocean. We have stayed at Edgewater Beach in Dennisport in the past. Curious to see if there are other resorts on the ocean in other towns. We have stayed in Hyannis and Yarmouth and neither were on the ocean.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,380 posts
168 reviews
1. Re: Oceanfront accomidations

Here are some more - all different price points & locations. The Three Seasons in Dennisport as well as the Colony Beach. In Harwichport there is the Inn on the Beach & the Winstead Inn. In Brewster there is Ocean Edge Resort, in Falmouth is the Seacrest Beach Hotel, in Chatham is the Chatham Tides and the Chatham Bars Inn. In Orleans there is the Nauset Knoll.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet, Truro, North Truro
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
249 reviews
2. Re: Oceanfront accomidations

Maybe I am being a stickler, but some of the places are not on the ocean but are on Nantucket Sound. If you call that the ocean then I guess Cape Cod Bay is also the ocean. Most of the actual Atlantic Ocean is protected by the National Seashore. Are you then agreeable with places not directly facing the Atlantic?

connecticut
Level Contributor
596 posts
3. Re: Oceanfront accomidations

I guess I should have just said beach.....

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet, Truro, North Truro
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
249 reviews
4. Re: Oceanfront accomidations

If you are agreeable to Cape Cod Bay there are some fine places in North Truro directly on the Bay such as Crow's Nest and Top Mast. I know people who have stayed at both and returned a few times. The area is much more rural and nature oriented than the South Coast of the Cape. More like the old Cape Cod. And if you are interested, you are just a short ways away from Provincetown.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,862 posts
34 reviews
5. Re: Oceanfront accomidations

What is it that you are looking for? As you know Edgewater is just one of the many properties located directly on the beach in Dennis Port. Some are time shares and others are not but they line the strand and have pools as well. There's also a B&B located there on Chase Ave as well as Dennis Seashores cottages as you may recall.

What town(s) interests you and do you want a timeshare/motel, cottage or B&B? The only area of the Cape where beachfront accommodations are rare is the Outer Cape on the Atlantic Ocean side but even there you can get close enough to walk to the beach if you book really early.

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
3 posts
223 reviews
6. Re: Oceanfront accomidations

Check out Colony Beach, nice, clean and Ocean Front. You may also get luck and find a place at The Breakers, they are timeshares and sometimes people bail on their week at the last minute.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,707 posts
283 reviews
7. Re: Oceanfront accomidations

There's also the Red Jacket in South Yarmouth.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,862 posts
34 reviews
8. Re: Oceanfront accomidations

Plenty of places on the sand but hopefully we won't have to throw out all the names before the OP advises what she is looking for in accommodations.

connecticut
Level Contributor
596 posts
9. Re: Oceanfront accomidations

Traveling with my teenagers. Only have one night to stay and travelling from Connecticut. They only request that we make a stop at the Sundae School. I do like the Chase Ave. location. When we stayed at the Edgewater we were fortunate to get a deal on Craigslist. I have my eye on the Cutty Sark as that looks to be a short walk to the beach. Colony Beach is sold out for my dates. Thank you for your imput :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,707 posts
283 reviews
10. Re: Oceanfront accomidations

You may have trouble getting a hotel for only one night, unless it's a week day.

Get answers to your questions about Dennis Port