We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dennis Seashores Cottage 34 & Corsair Cross Rip Captains Hou

North Greece, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Dennis Seashores Cottage 34 & Corsair Cross Rip Captains Hou

Has anyone stayed in cottage 34 at Dennis Seashores? I have a dual reservation at the Corsair Cross Rip Captains House and Cottage 34 at Dennis Seashores for 2015 and have to make a decision. I have stayed at DS for the past 2 years but there are no pictures of cottage 34. The Captains House right down the street is beautiful but across the street from the beach, DS cottage 34 is on the beach. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,563 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dennis Seashores Cottage 34 & Corsair Cross Rip Captains Hou

Haven't stay there. You have quite a choice. For me the deciding factor would be whether you are close enough in #34 to hear the surf. If not then I would choose the beautiful house.....but that's just me. Any chance you can visit over Labor Day to have fun and grab a peak inside?

Midwest USA
Level Contributor
96 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dennis Seashores Cottage 34 & Corsair Cross Rip Captains Hou

Hi AnneMarie,

What fun looking ahead to a Cape vacation. Lucky you! My family stays at the Corsair & Crossrip when we visit the Cape. Depending on the number of people along, we've had some stay in both hotels and then at the Mates and the Commodore houses. Any of the 4 houses would work for us again. The Commodore and Captain houses are very nice! Plus some have fenced, private yards and private parking. There are 2 outdoor pools and hot tubs, 1 indoor pool, outdoor playground, game room, shuffleboard and BBQ grills. Yes, outdoor showers too. The houses have washer/dryers and our group loved that so we didn't pack as many clothes. With their private beaches and a walk way right to them from the houses, it is close and right across the street from the Captain House. Could we hear the surf across the street? Not sure, but we did in the hotels and at the Commodore house. To help you, maybe make a list of pros and cons for each resort you are looking at. Google a satellite map to see how private the yard will be at each house or cottage. How much privacy do you need inside? Have a great time, our vacations have been!

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,563 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dennis Seashores Cottage 34 & Corsair Cross Rip Captains Hou

I just asked the question about hearing the surf just to bring up the consideration. I know that the sound is so perishable there that it cannot be heard across the street. We stayed every summer at the Shifting Sands before it was sold and we had to locate in the rooms across the beach side to hear that lovely sound of the surf. It was well worth the extra $$$. However this might not be important to the OP and indeed the second option may not front the Sound either.

North Greece, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dennis Seashores Cottage 34 & Corsair Cross Rip Captains Hou

Thanks for the reply!! Both homes are nice with one being newer and more modern and the other more Cape Codey in decoration. We are going with #34 at Dennis Seashores, you literally walk out the door, go down the steps and are on the beach. It has a deck facing the ocean and you can hear and see the surf. Thanks for the advice, it helped. One thing I know for sure is that I am going to post pictures so everyone can see the interior.

AnnMarie

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,563 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dennis Seashores Cottage 34 & Corsair Cross Rip Captains Hou

That would be great. Now that you explain the location I would have selected #34 too. Nothing beats being by the beach for a beach vacation imho.