We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oysters and The Oyster Co. video

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,955 posts
34 reviews
Oysters and The Oyster Co. video

…oncape.com/_Oyster-Farming-in-Dennis/…

copy and paste to learn about our Quivet Neck oysters...fun.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
872 posts
110 reviews
1. Re: Oysters and The Oyster Co. video

This restaurant is such a bright spot in Dennisport. At "my" beach we can walk to the Oyster beds @ Quivet Neck. It is very interesting, not to mention an amazing long walk. Thanks CCC. And everyone eat at the Oyster Co. when you are in the area :)"

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,955 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Oysters and The Oyster Co. video

Gordon, who you see in the clip, said they won't be able to take folks out until and unless they can get some insurance matters under control so this may be the closest one will get to this 'hands on' experience at least for a while. But, I think this clip along together with a quick lesson I had in the restaurant is enough to get me started shucking oysters. Long ago I used to open clams but they were a little different, easier. Prefer to eat oysters though.

Can you reach Quivet Neck walking east from Cold Storage? We walked quite a way and didn't see these 'crates'.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
872 posts
110 reviews
3. Re: Oysters and The Oyster Co. video

Here is the body of the email from the Oyster Company's 3 courses of $24.

See you there.

The Oyster Company ~ 3 Course Prix Fixe Menu $24.

From 5pm daily

~ Please choose one item from each course ~

Appetizers

Soup Du Jour or New England Clam Chowder

House Salad ~ with your choice of dressing

Wedge Salad ~ with a crumbled Blue Cheese dressing topped with bacon bits & onion crisps

Lobster Ravioli~ in a sherry lobster cream sauce

Crab Cake ~with apple fennel slaw

Point Judith Fried Calamari~ with onions, hot cherry peppers and linguica

Mussels Fra Diavlo~ sautéed mussels in a spicy hot marinara sauce

Entrees

Cedar Plank Salmon ~ topped with a Jack Daniels chipotle glaze, served with butternut squash risotto.

Statler Chicken Breast ~ Butternut squash risotto, wilted spinach, port wine pomegranate demi-glace

Traditional Cod ~ with a Ritz-crumb topping, served with mashed potatoes and broccoli

Braised Pork Osso Bucco ~ served with mashed potatoes and root vegetable pan gravy

Shrimp Pomodoro ~ sautéed with garlic, Roma tomatoes and fresh basil over angel hair pasta

Honey Orange Duck Breast ~ with wild rice pilaf, port wine cranberry demi-glace, and wilted spinach.

Ancho Chili Rubbed Lollipop Pork Chop ~ served with a maple chipotle barbeque sauce,

mashed potatoes and brandy apple sauce.

Roasted Vegetable Ravioli ~ with fire-roasted tomato sauce.

Teriyaki Steak Tips ~ with mashed potatoes and sautéed broccoli

Desserts

Pumpkin Crème Brûlée

Mini Congo Bar Sundae

Fresh Fruit Trifle with raspberry sauce

Warm Apple Crisp

4. Re: Oysters and The Oyster Co. video

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Dennis Port