We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Cottage, Brax Landing, etc.

new york
Level Contributor
23 posts
16 reviews
Red Cottage, Brax Landing, etc.

Hey all, we're heading to the Cape on Sunday and I'm looking for updates on Red Cottage? Last review from Cape Cod Charlie was not too good. Was hoping it's better since we loved this place last year. Also, any reviews of Brax Landing & Wooden Shoe? We want to try some new restaurants, while still visiting a few of old old haunts: Clancy's Beach Bar, Seafood Sam's, Swan River, Chatham squire. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks so much !

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Red Cottage, Brax Landing, etc.

If you go to Brax, order the 'pub grub' menu items and you'll be ok. The only really exceptional thing at Brax is the view from the outside deck. We had burgers and beer there last week and the food was good. I just wouldn't order mixed drinks or anything on the menu that seemed 'ambitious'.

Have you been to Sesuit Harbor? Great lobster rolls, byob and it's just a nice way to spend an early evening.

Also, check out Ocean House (if you haven't already) and Oyster Co. if you like 'em cold and fresh. (dinner was pedestrian at Oyster Co., but the oysters were great. .95 during happy hour. and they sell champagne by the glass which can be a very good thing. :) )

2. Re: Red Cottage, Brax Landing, etc.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 15:19
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,952 posts
34 reviews
3. Re: Red Cottage, Brax Landing, etc.

Whoa Beachwitch, If I panned the Red Cottage I don't remember it and I don't agree. This is a great spot for breakfast. Never tried lunch there but it is a local favorite. I definately recommend it to you and here are some other opinions:

…yahoo.com/info-10266558-red-cottage-restaur…

Swan River must have striped Bass on the menu since we got it in their Fish Market...so yummy. They said they've had it all week so hope they still have it when you arrive.

There's a new incarnation of the restaurant that's on Rt. 28 across from Benny's. It used to be Yings. I briefly read a review of it and it sounded interesting. The chef/owner is from Argentina and it really caught our eye because when we drove by yesterday there was a wonderful aroma. Can't say much more about it except that it is a short name.

Have a tasty vacation.

4. Re: Red Cottage, Brax Landing, etc.

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 15:19
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,952 posts
34 reviews
5. Re: Red Cottage, Brax Landing, etc.

Yes, Sofy's. Hope it will do better than the last though neither you nor I have been there as yet.lol.

new york
Level Contributor
23 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: Red Cottage, Brax Landing, etc.

So sorry Charlie -- no pun intended :)

I totally misread the signature on this review which was recently posted on TripAdvisor, hence my question. Thanks for clarifying that it's still good since it's our fav breakfast place.

What happened to the Red Cottage?”

Effie1953 1 contribution

Cape CodMar 30, 2009

Dan stopped cooking, Carlos went back home and the food has gone downhill fast! We used We used to eat there weekly but the cooks there now just can't cook! My BLT the other day was terrible, the bacon tasted like it had been made the day before and was just sitting around since then, practically non-existent lettuce and tomato and my toast (white toast which was supposed to be wheat!) had been pounded into submission by the mayo knife, it was paper thin. When Carlos made my first BLT it was fabulous and fresh, with lots of great fillings! As for breakfast, scrambled eggs should not have big patches of unscrambled whites! I understand Dan has a bad back but we need some cooks that can cook good food! This guy is always wiping his face with his the shoulder of his once white T-shirt over the grill!! GROSS!!

7. Re: Red Cottage, Brax Landing, etc.

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 22 February 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Dennis Port