We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ebb Tide Cottages in Dennisport?

Derry, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
274 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Ebb Tide Cottages in Dennisport?

Our 2nd visit to the cape. We stayed in a nice little place in Harwich Port last year. Anyway, I’ve gathered the showers are very small, and the attached restaurant receives mediocre reviews at best. The public description sounds very attractive but I’m afraid this property may have seen much better days. We’re not picky, just need clean and free of mold and the like.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Peace! TIA

6 replies to this topic
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,788 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ebb Tide Cottages in Dennisport?

Never stayed there but I would be surprised if they were not quite clean. We had a summer cleaner who was trained just what to do by the folks at Ebb Tide. We haven't had another cleaner who was so thorough.

The McCormick family personally run the two restaurants, the cottages and the cute gift shop so I think they would have pride in their operations and too they are right there on the premises.

If you have extra large people in your party then maybe you should take the comment about the shower size to heart. Just know that these cottages are charming in Old Cape Cod style and many folks are looking for that - i.e.: air conditioned by the breezes off the ocean.

The property is across the street from the beach. There's a lifeguard if you go to Inman beach but fewer folks if you take the Belmont walkway to the beach.

Hopefully someone who stayed there last summer will see and respond to your post. Otherwise I guess you'll have to read the reviews that you get when googling. Also you could speak with them when you call to make a reservation and see what feedback you get.

P.S. Why don't you consider going back to the place you enjoyed last summer if it is tried and true?

Happy trails....

Edited: 10 January 2018, 02:31
Derry, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
274 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ebb Tide Cottages in Dennisport?

CCC, thank you for your input. Your responses are always so helpful. I don’t need a lot of convincing, to book Ebb Tide, it’s only that I have(had) ZERO idea of what there all about. Once again, thanks.

As far as last year, only two of us last year in a small space. This year it’s two couples so looking for a bigger place, as well as this close to the beach.

Peace

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,788 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ebb Tide Cottages in Dennisport?

Don't miss having a terrific dinner at The Ocean House at the other end of your street, Chase Ave. You can make an advance reservation, far in advance, for the dining room, go and just wait for a table in the lounge or even just go to their 'beach bar' for lunch or early dinner as I think they close it about 8pm. Food is absolutely delightful. Closed Mondays.

Just a little farther is Wee Packet (probably a 2 min drive) where you can get take out lobster rolls (warm with butter or lobster salad) for a deluxe lunch on the beach. They have full breakfasts too including an Irish breakfast and a nice gift shop too. Then, right around the corner there is Sundae School with homemade ice cream. There are many other restaurants of all types in the area nearby.

Of course the Ebb Tide restaurant couldn't be closer and is a New England seafood house. You will certainly have left overs if you dine there.

Edited: 10 January 2018, 20:07
Derry, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
274 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ebb Tide Cottages in Dennisport?

Again, CCC, thanks for all the tips. I didn’t realize until this afternoon, but we were actually in this area exploring last year. We did a walk thru of the Soundings. Wee packet was on our list for last year but never made it. A “beach bar” lunch at the Ocean House sounds perfect for us. I’m sure we’ll be beating a path to Sundae School all week.

Looking forward to another stay on the cape, August seems so far away, right now!

✌️

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,788 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ebb Tide Cottages in Dennisport?

Wee Packet is a 'campy' place. The Ocean House, The Oyster Co. are both lovely in that order.

Derry, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
274 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ebb Tide Cottages in Dennisport?

Had the cioppino and paella at the Oyster Co. last year. We enjoyed it very much, also wrote a review.

Reply to: Ebb Tide Cottages in Dennisport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dennis Port