We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bastians and Tastee Tower Pizza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 post
Save Topic
Bastians and Tastee Tower Pizza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today is 06/20/2017.

Well it is sad for me to report that Bastians has finally closed!!!! I just ate my last big Double bubble bubble gum I just unwrapped from last August 2016. I found a little brown paper bag in my duffle bag from last summer's vacation and it had one piece(individually wrapped) left in it. I could not believe it was not as hard as a rock..but it was not and tasted great! Then it made me sad as hell....This is going to be the last piece of Double bubble from Bastians I will ever have. I remember when i went in last summer i was actually going to buy some bazooka......but NO Luck. I was hoping to find the all rare Sour Apple bazooka that I remember from the 70's....used to come in a 3x3 square and it was perforated in one inch strips three inches long but no luck or even the little one inch squares wrapped with a bazooka joe cartoon and bazooka wrapper but the nice lady said they didn't have any. I also looked for the fat white ship rope bracelets no luck. That is when she told me they were closing. Anywho...walking in there again brought my right back to the 70's and the feeling of Jaws and arcade games and go karts and kites and who gets the first shower after he beach!!!! Was just great at the age of 48!!!!

Some one on here mentioned Tastee Tower Pizza shop(Now the sand Dollar)...I think I paid for the submarine periscope game myself in Tastee Tower and afforded them to buy Punchout!!!!!!!!!!!! Loved how it was open concept (garage doors on every side open) with benches and the smell of pizza was always a good thing mixed with salt air. Would always walk by Porcaro's market and read the sporting news cover on the metal racks out front before i headed home on the long walk past John's now Don's Quick Stop and Kibby Lane, Cornell Drive and Polly Fisk! Would love the brown and pink color of the Ginger Bread House Ice Cream shop (across from John's/Don's)and see people renting those double covered 4 seater pedal bikes that use to be everywhere before it became joey's pizza!!! Summer in the 70's was great!!!!!!!!! Oh and everyone in Dennisport knew when it was time to eat lunch and flip over at the beach due to the noon time fire whistle(air raid horn). Was the best!!!!!!! Although when it first went off it scared the bahgeebaz out of you until you realized what it was.

Lastly...tastee tower pizza was an acquired taste...The crust was almost styrofoam like in texture and had all holes/circles in the bottom of the crust. When you first try it as a kid sometimes it use to make you gag as a kid but then everyone else was eating so you got use to it. Then you loved it. I hope that reminds people of that feeling I had at least. Anywho........Numbered shirts with stars and cut off jeans, knee high socks and Jox/fayva/Thom Mccann sneakers and tank tops and crop tops for the chics. Oh and thong flip flops from Bastians for the beach!!!!!!!!

One bonus thought.....I always remember seeing teenagers running at West Dennis beach up by the staircase balance beam wall by the parking lot....they would be lying down on their blankets and then all of a sudden all of them would race to the water as in last one in is a rotten egg and they would run as long as they could hurdling waves and then dive in as if to see who could make it the furthest out into the water.............HOW come you never see that any more????????

Was it jaws that changed all that or just the times????

If I could right now i would cruise around Dennisport with my Mr. Microphone in my jeep and say

to all the cute ladies at West Dennis beach "Hey Good looking....be back to pick you up at 5:30!!!!!!!" just kidding but brings me back to the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 reply
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,637 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bastians and Tastee Tower Pizza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you made wonderful memories in Dennis Port and that you'll always remember them. Our neighbor talks about Bastian's too. Must have been a great time.

Reply to: Bastians and Tastee Tower Pizza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dennis Port
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question