We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

outstanding hotel deal

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
101 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
outstanding hotel deal

We will come up to Massachusetts, where I lived for a long time, for a summer visit. I just want to let those who know the metro area or who will be needing a place near 93 and 128: We found out that the Burlington Marriott, which was recently re-done, I believe, and which offers free parking, is offering a really good deal: If you have AAA, you can get breakfast for 2 and a double or king bed room for only $107. I checked all around metro Boston for a 4 star hotel (or a 3 star) and this full service Marriott is a steal. We are going to take it!

(I hope that this is not an advertisement. I don't mean it as such. I just think it is a steal.)

It is an easy drive off the Mass Pike going North and wonderful if you are planning a day trip to Charlestown or Salem, but also great, in my opinion, for visits anywhere to Boston. An easy drive.

It's very close to Lexington and Concord, for those who need to know, and an easy drive up from Boston in about 20 to 25 minutes each way, and one can park at Wellington in Medford (it will be $6 for all day parking there) and take the Orange Line into Boston.

I am an old hand at traveling in the metro Boston area and this rate, if you count a full breakfast (eggs, fruit, oatmeal, etc.) in, this is as much as $100 a night savings over Boston hotels.

Edited: 25 June 2012, 16:32
3 replies to this topic
Somerville...
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: outstanding hotel deal

Yeah, but it's nowhere near public transit, and dealing with rush hour is a bear in that area. (I do it every day).THere's also pretty much nothing doing in Burlington other than the office parks and the mall retail. So if you really want to visit BOSTON, it's not a good value over staying in the actual city. May be decent if you have plans in MetroWest though.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
26,225 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: outstanding hotel deal

I July with a car it's a good deal because traffic is lighter when colleges are out and lots of people are on vacation. But Rethcir is right, traffic can be a bear in that area.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
101 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: outstanding hotel deal

Well, we have stayed nearby (we look for deals) at the Courtyard Boston Woburn North, only a very short drive (maybe 7 minutes) away, and it has been outstanding as a deal, too. First of all, we are always in Boston to visit friends, family and alumni events at my college (in Boston) and we don't leave the hotel or return at rush hour. So, 128 traffic doesn't affect us too much. (I must say that it has gotten worse over time, hasn't it?). Second, we drive up and since I am a former Bostonian I really know my way around and we love to use the car to get to many destinations that take far longer on the T. We don't use the car to go to Harvard Square - we park elsewhere and take the T, ditto when we go downtown to Boston (where I used to work and so I know that area well). My close friend lives in Arlington and another off the Mass PIke in Newton so 128 is really good for us, actually.

Reply to: outstanding hotel deal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Burlington