We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seagate Condo's on 30th Street??

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
AKRON, OHIO
Level Contributor
90 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Seagate Condo's on 30th Street??

We are staying at the Seagate Condo's Beachfront on 30th street? Anyone have any comments on these condo's or the are? It shows it's only 3 blocks from end of boardwalk, are the blocks huge or is it pretty close? Thanks much for any input!

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,004 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seagate Condo's on 30th Street??

3 blocks is nothing to walk in Ocean City. Your in good shape but to walk down to the inlet is another story.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
419 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seagate Condo's on 30th Street??

It's 3 blocks to the north end of the boardwalk. The south end is where the rides and pier and most of the shops are. Like tfunky says, that is a long walk. There is a tram that runs along the boardwalk. It is $3.00 per person each way. That's the best way to get down there. If you want to drive, there is a pay parking lot at the very south end of the boardwalk, called the Inlet parking lot.

Edited: 21 April 2010, 04:22
Westminster...
Level Contributor
402 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seagate Condo's on 30th Street??

I stayed in that building a few times many years ago - the units were nice - I guess it would depend on how the owners have maintained their units over the years. They were 1 bedroom - but the bedroom was very large. Nice ocean front balconeys. Good access to the beach through the lobby. There is a pool on the side of the building. I remember parking being an issue. I thought the location was great.

Have fun.

West Mifflin PA
Level Contributor
112 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seagate Condo's on 30th Street??

We usually don't stay in the same condo twice, preferring to hop around and enjoy amenities in all parts of OC. We stayed last year at the Seagate and my kids really wanted to go back. The location was great....right on the ocean and they loved the pool. In the evening it was a quick walk/shortcut through the parking lots and we were on the boardwalk within 3 minutes. We also liked that it was quick walking/access to the Jolly Roger, and also restaurants such as Coins and even Phillips. 30th St, in my opinion, is a great location. Up away from the hub-bub from the lower streets, but not too far away that you can't be there in a heartbeat.

As for the unit...we have stayed in nicer. Ours was clean and well stocked, but the building was starting to show its age just a bit. For us, though, the location and the pool trumped any and all negatives. I think you will enjoy your stay there.

AKRON, OHIO
Level Contributor
90 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seagate Condo's on 30th Street??

Thank you all so much for you input.. I feel alot better now.. I haven't been to Ocean City since i was 14 & I'm now 40 so it's been a little while. We've always went more south but I am sooo looking forward to going back this July...88 days to be exact..hahaha

Edited: 21 April 2010, 14:19
PA & lower DE
Level Contributor
232 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seagate Condo's on 30th Street??

I have a friend who owns a condo at Seagate. I can't speak for anyone else's place, but he keeps his place in perfect condition. Great balcony, nice living room, one bath and one large bedroom that held two double beds. Not far at all from the end of the boardwalk, many nice things within walking distance and also quiet and peaceful. Enjoy your stay!

Hampstead, Maryland
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seagate Condo's on 30th Street??

We stay at the Seagate condos every year, and we love it! They have amazing rates that other locations cant beat. The location is great. Less then a block to the boardwalk and you can see it if you look to the right of your balcony. The balconys are huge by the way, very well equipped for a whole family to enjoy a meal on.

Also super close to everything without being to close that you cant even get a good nights sleep, Jolly Rogers is almost right behind you and its close to some great resturants.

The rooms are huge, and kept very clean. Front desk service is great and they have a nice size pool.

Steps to the beach.. great location!!! Cant be beat!

Edited: 01 July 2010, 22:10
8. Re: Seagate Condo's on 30th Street??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2010, 05:16