We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bachelor Party in Winter at Deep Creek Lake

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
166 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bachelor Party in Winter at Deep Creek Lake

Hi Folks

I'm wanting to have a low-key bachelor party with some relaxing in a cabin with my friends, and some skiing. That being said I've never skied before. Anyways.

I have seven guys, including myself, and we're going to have a keg of craft beer brewed by my friend for me. We want a hot tub, pool table. We have two 4wd cars, so getting there shouldn't be an issue.

Anyone have any suggestions of things to do, or where to stay. I'd like to stay at a lodge, but I'm not sure they will have a big enough room to fit us all with a full kitchen.

Thx!

3 replies to this topic
Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bachelor Party in Winter at Deep Creek Lake

Rent a house. Plenty to choose from, and most will have all the amenities you're looking for. Just google Deep Creek rentals. HomeAway.com will also have plenty of rentals to choose from as well.

As for things to do, you've already mentioned both of them: skiing and drinking beer.

If the lake freezes over, you could go ice fishing but I don't know if anyone offers ice fishing excursions.

Either way, sounds like a good time. Enjoy.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
239 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bachelor Party in Winter at Deep Creek Lake

The Wisp resort has a great tubing park for those who don't ski...like me. I went a few years ago and had a wonderful time!! You get all the fun of sledding without the drudgery of having to walk up the hill. check out wispresort.com

Level Contributor
631 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bachelor Party in Winter at Deep Creek Lake

Yes, definitely rent a house.

My friend has a cabin out there, but we've also rented homes when there were too many people to stay at her place.

There are TONS of rentals to choose from.

Oh, and just an FYI, liquor stores are not open on Sundays so plan accordingly.

Reply to: Bachelor Party in Winter at Deep Creek Lake
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Oakland